Home

IAN---True or False!?

This is a discussion on IAN---True or False!? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2008, 04:25 PM   #65
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: IAN---True or False!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Frazier_EA
Ian and I are both members of the dev team @ Tiburon. The dev team here is great and changing it out would only result in further setbacks on getting Madden to where you want it to be.

Again, the team is fine. You have a designer that cares about the community and a team that can make a fantastic football game. IMO, we have the perfect combo in place to deliver a great experience this year.

One final question to help illustrate this point. Who was the lead designer of Madden 09 on the 360 and PS3? I'll give you some hints; it wasn't Ian Cummings, Phil Frazier, or David Ortiz. My guess is most don't know who he was. That's not a terrible thing as he was just focused on different aspects of the product. Look at what Ian is focusing on (gameplay) and you can see the importance of a lead designer.

Just some food for thought.

Phil
Gameplay is great, and I love the fact that Ian is focusing on it, but I'm really hoping for an overhaul in presentation too. Pregame, halftime and post game shows...etc. The game needs a COMPLETE jump in that aspect IMO.

Hopefully it will be addressed. That would be one of my biggest focal points going into Madden2010 if I were in charge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2008, 11:27 PM   #66
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Glad u guys(EA) feel you have a great team developing the game. Im 100% sure next years game wont be good. After experienceing what was given to us this year Im convinced you guys dont know the game of football at all. The running game alone displays your teams knowledge of the game. Its a horrible duplication of the NFL's true running game. This is something I would expect from a Bltiz game. You guys are so far behind, that it is insane. You guys focus so much on candy, that u have no idea about true simulation football. What EA needs to do is fire u guys and bring back the true sim developers they had in the past.

In 1 yr u cant make all the improvements alone in the gameplay that is needed , especailly in the AI department. The AI is bad, animations are bad, collision detection is bad, graphics are to cartoony, and You guys have all this stuff on presentation and specific player animations. Theres only so much you can do in that time.

U think im wrong then call me on it, but I can guarantee you that in AUG/SEPT this forum willl again be filled with angry members braking on how bad MADDEN 2010 is.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:35 PM   #67
Banned

OVR: 28

Hey, your opinion is welcome being a free country and all. However next time do your research and find out who was on the development team then and who is on it now. What your saying is 100% ignorant. Not to totally stepon you but you post is ognorant and in no way shape or form helpful to anyone. If you want to call out EA then make a suggestion or a contributing idea that is open minded and positive, then wait. IF the game is unchanged next which it wont be, then revert back to being negative. Think of it this way cuz, the dolphins sucked so bad last year that they won one game...ONE GAME....enter new management and now there contenders. Say the same thing for an underaccomplished texas tech team and the tamps bay rays. So check yourself and grow a litle brotha.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:23 AM   #68
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrady
Could his first name begin with an 'R'? Could his last name begin with an 'M'?
The game I associate Rod Moyer with is NCAA '05'.

I remember many NCAA gamers not being too pleased with NCAA '05'.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:16 AM   #69
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Glad u guys(EA) feel you have a great team developing the game. Im 100% sure next years game wont be good. After experienceing what was given to us this year Im convinced you guys dont know the game of football at all. The running game alone displays your teams knowledge of the game. Its a horrible duplication of the NFL's true running game. This is something I would expect from a Bltiz game. You guys are so far behind, that it is insane. You guys focus so much on candy, that u have no idea about true simulation football. What EA needs to do is fire u guys and bring back the true sim developers they had in the past.

In 1 yr u cant make all the improvements alone in the gameplay that is needed , especailly in the AI department. The AI is bad, animations are bad, collision detection is bad, graphics are to cartoony, and You guys have all this stuff on presentation and specific player animations. Theres only so much you can do in that time.

U think im wrong then call me on it, but I can guarantee you that in AUG/SEPT this forum willl again be filled with angry members braking on how bad MADDEN 2010 is.
WE ARE the true sim developers from the past.

If you're so positive it will be terrible, how about a friendly wager?
Old 11-18-2008, 09:38 AM   #70
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

My money is on Ian and company at this time.

I may be proved wrong, but I can't go with past history(even though it's been lousy) with a new team at the front of the lines. At least for me, this wipes the slate clean for me. I will say though, if 10 takes a step back, then I won't support Madden anymore.

Why can't we give this new lead team a chance instead of shooting them in the back sometimes before 10 is out or is just in the planning stages?

I really think some people are making preliminary decisions before we have to. Yes, you all have the right to say, but based on past history, we don't have much to count on in the future. All I am saying is we are putting the cart before the horse before we see 2010 Madden with a new leadership team in place. Let's wait after we have our hands on 10 before we start crucifying it.

I don't expect everything in 2010, but I do expect gameplay and presentations ramped up.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:47 AM   #71
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
WE ARE the true sim developers from the past.

If you're so positive it will be terrible, how about a friendly wager?
I didn't post that, but I agree and will take you up on that bet. If my memory serves, both you and Phil were here in July and August saying this year's game was going to be great. And as everyone now knows, it's far, far from it.

Please...I want a great Madden game. I've been playing Madden since my freshman year of college back in '89. I'd do anything to have a Madden game that I still enjoyed playing 2 weeks after I bought it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2008, 09:48 AM   #72
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrady
Hmm, David Ortiz was the lead producer (project lead) correct? So lets see. Could his first name begin with an 'R'? Could his last name begin with an 'M'?

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/spor...videos;title;9

There he is.
It's funny watching that video...one of the very first things this guy says is that, one of the things they've really focused on is "great gameplay." What a joke.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »