Home

Madden 20-10: Number of Animations

This is a discussion on Madden 20-10: Number of Animations within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2008, 03:24 PM   #89
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Madden 20-10: Number of Animations

Quote:
Originally Posted by briax87
That's the problem, if they're running straight up the middle they should be as low as possible when hitting the hole as to avoid a big hit. They should be able to get low when they see a tackle coming. Look at wide receivers in the NFL, after they catch the ball, some of them get really low and nearly dive at the cornerbacks feet, to avoid a tackle and possible fumble.
Yep, Madden is not strong on the body protection animations. There needs to be some posture recognition when engaging the offensive line (get low), and the point at which you straighten your running posture when you break away (get higher/straightening).

The ball carrier animations are not bad, they just have no fury to them, it's like the ballcarrier is jogging even while moving full speed.
Old 12-06-2008, 03:37 PM   #90
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Madden 20-10: Number of Animations

300% immediately popped into my mind like the OP posted.

500% won't help the game if they can't get the basics right, like basic line play A.I.

I don't see why anyone would have any hope after the utter and absolute embarrassment that 06, 07, 08, and 09 were.

Then again, I expected to be playing an accurate sim representation of football by now, we put a man on the moon in 1969 and we can't get a major developer with nearly unlimited funds to program an accurate game of football nearly 40 years later.

Take one tenth of the marketing budget and hire away the 2k team and release TWO games, competing against each other. The best place to open a Burger King is across the street from a McDonalds.

Stop catering to ONE segment of the market, cheese ball (Madden) and give consumers a choice with a pure sim game. The world is big enough for 2 football games, instead EA spends unlimited funds marketing their arcade cheese game. They can have Madden football and EA 2K football and a more taste/less filling advertising campaign.

If you're going to dominate the market, why ignore a segment of it?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »