Home

What presentaion aspects do you want to see in Madden 2010?

This is a discussion on What presentaion aspects do you want to see in Madden 2010? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Pushed to Mid-October - More Details Revealed
NBA 2K22 Review: The Best 2K Game in Years
FIFA 22 First Impressions
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-29-2008, 01:37 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: What presentaion aspects do you want to see in Madden 2010?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookie48
Like what? What in the presentation of 2k5 made it so good? I know what it had but your post just says, "go watch something" when if I was a developer I am not gonna watch anything my FORMER competitor produced. If I wa an EA developer I would want to make my own brand and create my own wow effect instead of copying becasue lets face it, if EA copied 2k then that would only enforce the fact that 2k was better. I as a developer would have more interest in protecting the companies image than to EVER resort ot copying a FORMER competitor. So again, what presentation aspect would make madden amazing? Go-
To me it seems you've never played 2k5. I've been playin madden since 89, not 91 when it came to console, that was said to let you know im a HUGE madden fan but here goes.

to start, you get chris berman at his desk while the game loads discussing the game, playoff implications, players, weather conditions, etc. then you see both teams warming up pre-game running routes, takin handoffs, stretching. coin toss captains come out to midfield ref actually tosses the coin, you see it hit the ground. understand the game has yet to start and this is more presentation than madden exibits i an entire season, so please understand this is why people are sayin see 2k5, the presentation is clearly better. i know some dont care for this type of detail, but many many people do.
Old 11-29-2008, 04:44 AM   #74
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainesdaddy
To me it seems you've never played 2k5. I've been playin madden since 89, not 91 when it came to console, that was said to let you know im a HUGE madden fan but here goes.

to start, you get chris berman at his desk while the game loads discussing the game, playoff implications, players, weather conditions, etc. then you see both teams warming up pre-game running routes, takin handoffs, stretching. coin toss captains come out to midfield ref actually tosses the coin, you see it hit the ground. understand the game has yet to start and this is more presentation than madden exibits i an entire season, so please understand this is why people are sayin see 2k5, the presentation is clearly better. i know some dont care for this type of detail, but many many people do.

Yea, The one thing Visual Concepts really does do better in Presentation. Across the Board the Presentation is always better in 2K games. Gameplay, AI, Graphics, Franchise/Dynasty, etc. are a Mixed bag as far as 2k And EA goes, some games are better for EA, some for 2K.

But a really good presentation often makes players overlook some of the Shortcoming of the actual Gameplay. Personally When 2k5, i was not a Huge fan of the Gameplay( i preferred madden 05) but the Presentation in 2k5 kept me playing that game.

Honestly though, I really am amazed that EA took a 180 in Presentation for the Next Gen. When the Xbox 360 was announced i really did Imagine an amazing Presentation for Madden, I thought it would come very close to resembling a real NFL broadcast.

If Madden 2010 could match What 2k5 Did in terms of Presentation and Franchise, then I would have ZERO complaints about the game. If they kept the same gameplay ( with a few minor Improvements) and did what 2k5 did for Presentation, Then i could die Happy.

Seriously, before i Die, I want to play a Game of madden that resembles a NFL broadcast...
Old 11-29-2008, 10:15 AM   #75
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Yea, The one thing Visual Concepts really does do better in Presentation. Across the Board the Presentation is always better in 2K games. Gameplay, AI, Graphics, Franchise/Dynasty, etc. are a Mixed bag as far as 2k And EA goes, some games are better for EA, some for 2K.

But a really good presentation often makes players overlook some of the Shortcoming of the actual Gameplay. Personally When 2k5, i was not a Huge fan of the Gameplay( i preferred madden 05) but the Presentation in 2k5 kept me playing that game.

Honestly though, I really am amazed that EA took a 180 in Presentation for the Next Gen. When the Xbox 360 was announced i really did Imagine an amazing Presentation for Madden, I thought it would come very close to resembling a real NFL broadcast.

If Madden 2010 could match What 2k5 Did in terms of Presentation and Franchise, then I would have ZERO complaints about the game. If they kept the same gameplay ( with a few minor Improvements) and did what 2k5 did for Presentation, Then i could die Happy.

Seriously, before i Die, I want to play a Game of madden that resembles a NFL broadcast...

I would agree with this 100%. Solid presentation=replayability=not caring so much about stupid bugs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2008, 07:41 PM   #76
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
I would agree with this 100%. Solid presentation=replayability=not caring so much about stupid bugs.
Yes sir, let me throw my two cents in. Much like the previous post stated, I actually always liked the control/player movement and gameplay feel of Madden over the 2k titles, but in 05 2k took up my playtime, because of what? You already know. I know, I know, its been stated plenty of times, but 2k always felt like I was watching a NFL game on t.v., and that kept 2k in the disc tray, and madden on the shelf.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:49 PM   #77
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Oh yeah, to contribute to the topic of this thread. Please add players faces for the NCAA/Madden created draft classes. I'm dreading getting so far in dynasty mode that teams have all drafted players and everytime they show the boxes its just a blank shadow on every player slot So what if its the same player model face every couple of players, just put something there sheesh. On second thought, arent there a ton of create player faces? So we'll see the same face every now and then, oh well.

Last edited by TheCreep; 11-29-2008 at 07:50 PM. Reason: change up
Old 11-29-2008, 07:52 PM   #78
Pro Sports Handicapper

bababooey76's Arena

OVR: 14

I think the comments I have seen about the atmosphere are right on. Crowds need to be louder, maybe in key situations on the road the crowd gets really loud and you have vibration in the controller.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:35 PM   #79
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Gameplay and A.I are definitely better in 2K5.
Old 11-30-2008, 12:39 PM   #80
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I'm sure most of the things I'm about to list have already appeared in this thread, but I've been thinking about what I'd like to see in Madden, so here goes:

-Crowd
Definitely needs to be worked on. I want to hear the home crowd EXPLODE when their team gets a key turnover, tackle for loss, sack on defense and when they hit a big play on offense. Give me a "De-fense!, De-fense!" chant on key 3rd and 4th down plays. Have the Pittsburgh fans waving the Terrible Towels. Playoff games, the level of noise should go up, same for the Super Bowl.

-On the field
Refs are a must. No excuse not to have them at this stage, especially when you have them in the PS2/Xbox versions. Chain Gang also needs to be in the game and I want to see them out on the field measuring for first downs.

-Cut-scenes
I want to see player-coach interactions on the sidelines. Player reaction after coming away with a turnover or big touchdown. Player reaction after turning the ball over. Team reaction to a game-winning field goal attempt.

I want to see a Halftime and Post-game highlight show, too.

Collinsworth can stay but we need a new play-by-play announcer, preferably one that has some enthusiasm for what he's doing.
L.A. Noire (Switch)
Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »