Home

What presentaion aspects do you want to see in Madden 2010?

This is a discussion on What presentaion aspects do you want to see in Madden 2010? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2008, 06:42 PM   #89
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: What presentaion aspects do you want to see in Madden 2010?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Getting back to the Presentation aspect, I have to go back to NFl 2k5 because they did nail the Pre-game,Halftime, Post game, and Weekly wrap up shows. Even for the Super Bowl they made it better than a Regular season show. You really have to give props to 2K because they nailed the shows, I cant think of another game that does it so well. And they did this all on ps2/xbox yet no one has touched it on the next generation system.

Ill Post some Youtube videos so everyone can see what im talking about if you never played 2k5.

Notice how Chris Berman is actually talking about Relevant stats. Everything in that show is perfect. That actually sounds like a real Half time show. I would be amazed if Madden or any other game could replicate this.

I dont care if voice and the lips are off. it is still cool as hell.

Same as the Half time show, Downright awesome. With every replay they show, there is relevant and Smart commentary to go with it.

Coming it at over 5 minutes, This wrap up show is Awesome.

You really had to admire what NFl 2k5 did here, I hate to say it but madden has not even come close to anything like this. Im not sure if you can improve on what 2k5 did but just emulating it would make Madden 2010 the best football game ever.
lol...I love how the Patriots had the ball for 31 minutes to the Seahwaks 13...in the first half! Official 45 minute halves are new to me. TOP was always screwy in that game.

Jokes aside though, I agree about the presentation. What I loved was the detail that went into special events during franchise regular season as well. There was special commentary (both by Berman and in-game) for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, losing and winning streaks, playoff contention and possible elimination, statistical streaks, records, etc. Really, all other aspects aside, 2K5's presentation is still the benchmark IMO.

Add into that the pre and post game interviews, halftime interviews, injury reports, sportcenter (with timely updates from Trey Wingo and Mel Kiper on injuries, trade deadline, draft info, scouting, etc) and I was drooling when I first played it. I guess I still do now sometimes, but I'm a drooler (what?!?).

My only beef with any of it was the comedic sound of guys sounding completely different than they really do. One of your videos for example, had Mike Holmgrem kinda sound like he was Will Smith. It was funny more than annoying though...lol.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:16 PM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 5

I've been playing alot of 07 lately and i think it was on the right track.PS3 that is.( it plays better than the no fatigue 360 version to me)I like the graphics better ,the gameplay was alright, gang tackling was real good and cut scenes were fun and REPLAYS ARE THE BEST OF ANY MADDEN andit sounded damn good. Its biggest problem, just like all other madden's ,It needed better presentation.........stat overlays,no radio guy,more penalties sideline A.I.,more camera angles and so on. i say build off of 07 forget about 08,09 and ......LETS WIN IN 2010... EA SPORTS
Old 12-07-2008, 01:35 AM   #91
Banned

OVR: 31

Either go with an on the field Head Coach style presentation or go all out broadcast replication presentation.

pregame-halftime-post game.

I know this stuff doesn't matter to online guys but for offline presentation is sorely lacking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2008, 03:59 AM   #92
Rookie

OVR: 2

Chris ****ing Berman NEEDS to do a highlights show. I would love to hear "rumblin bumblin stumblin."

one example could be after the week is over there is an option (like EA Sports radio used to) to watch a recap show (The Blitz anyone?) with Chris Berman and Tom Jackson.

I would absolutely love that.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:54 PM   #93
Banned

OVR: 24

I hate to be a negative nilly, but since Phil mentioned Hammond and Collinsworth are returning, I feel Madden 2010 will be Madden 09 with refs and some 09 bugs fixed.

Not bashing or anything, but I wouldn't expect tv-style presentation or anything like that for at least another year or two.

Now, if EA proves me wrong, I'll take the first bite of that humble pie with a side of crow. Just sayin.....
Old 12-07-2008, 09:04 PM   #94
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
I hate to be a negative nilly, but since Phil mentioned Hammond and Collinsworth are returning, I feel Madden 2010 will be Madden 09 with refs and some 09 bugs fixed.

Not bashing or anything, but I wouldn't expect tv-style presentation or anything like that for at least another year or two.

Now, if EA proves me wrong, I'll take the first bite of that humble pie with a side of crow. Just sayin.....
Oh please, why not wait til a little information about Madden 2010 is released before you cast your judgement.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:14 PM   #95
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Oh please, why not wait til a little information about Madden 2010 is released before you cast your judgement.
Relax. I was merely stating that IN MY OPINION, with the timeline involved and what not, that presentation may not be over the top like we want. Maybe-----just maybe-------enough little changes to immerse us, that's it.

Again, if I'm wrong, I'll be the first to offer an apology. So take it easy......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2008, 09:16 PM   #96
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

I really think Ian & Phil will make vast improvements over 09.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »