Home

What presentaion aspects do you want to see in Madden 2010?

This is a discussion on What presentaion aspects do you want to see in Madden 2010? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Pushed to Mid-October - More Details Revealed
NBA 2K22 Review: The Best 2K Game in Years
FIFA 22 First Impressions
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-18-2008, 03:59 PM   #113
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: What presentaion aspects do you want to see in Madden 2010?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude

Not bashing or anything, but I wouldn't expect tv-style presentation or anything like that for at least another year or two.

Now, if EA proves me wrong, I'll take the first bite of that humble pie with a side of crow. Just sayin.....
I'll be sitting at the table with ya Segagendude.

I don't mean to bash either. But I agree....to expect over the top presentation all in one dev cycle is in my opinion, expecting a bit too much. I simply feel that Ian's goals for Madden will take a process over the span of a few years...rather than one.

If I too am proven wrong, that crow will taste great!
Old 12-18-2008, 08:04 PM   #114
MVP

OVR: 27

A lot of what they need to present this game better is already in the game, it's just how they're currently using it is the problem.

For example, take overlays. The way they look just aren't serious enough. They need to look sharper and sleeker. They also need to have better timing in terms of what plays should cause them to pop up, what types of things should be displayed in the overlay (86 stuff like ring builder stats, frequent drive updates, and other stuff that wouldn't be shown in a TV broadcast overlay). The overlays need to be stricter and more individual player focused...

No more of these overlays with "Passing Summary" or the like. If, say, Peyton Manning is the QB, we don't need a generic "passing summary" of stats. We need his specific individual stats with his name attached. It only makes sense.

Then take post-play camera's... they just need to get rid of those strange zoom-outs and far-away shots and stick close like TV.

Replay angles... they need to change the replay angles to be closer, and field level like TV... most of the angles chosen are just not appealing. They disconnect you from the action on the field.

Use more large shots. More shots that frame the player, and use those shots to post up stat overlays so the player is being properly spotlighted.

And finally, they need to make the playcall screen a full screen structure with a large clear window that shows us continuous live happenings so that it all fits together seamlessly from field to playcall, playcall to field. This would be very, very impressive.

... I believe they can do all of these things this coming season because all of the components are already present in Madden 09. It's just a matter of using what they have now, differently... better.

Whether it will happen or not we don't know, but from what the devs have all said presentation is going to be a priority again this season. If they don't rock it out this year, then when? It's not like this generation is going to be around much longer. If it doesn't happen this upcoming season, then I'll be highly skeptical that it will ever happen this generation.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:43 PM   #115
Pro

OVR: 10

I've been playing/simming franchise lately and i've thought of what could make it better.

If you're like me you like to check the stat leaders, team standings, power rankings (I know that's not in, but anyway) after each week.

And at the moment it is a tad annoying getting out of the schedule screen and having to go through a million menus while holding L2 etc etc.

So I was thinking have something like NFL head coach in the top right corner of the screen where if you press L2 or R2 and you switch between stats, standings, injuries etc, then with L1 and R1 you can switch between positions/conferences and all that.

Another neat thing with injuries would be having a ticker along the bottom of the screen highlighting key injuries that have happened the past round, this would also save you going into an injuries menu.

Hope it made sense because what i'm trying to talk about I think would be a great addition.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2008, 09:18 AM   #116
Pro

OVR: 18

I think the fixes to Franchise mode go hand in hand with a much needed presentation upgrade. A franchise mode is simply an ongoing narrative of your team - a story. Your team is one small part of an epic season in which your opponents are constantly working to beat you. When you watch shows like NFL Countdown and Fox NFL Sunday, you see the potential for building the hype and gravity of weekly matchups. This is what EA needs to exploit. The editorial side of football is huge. Given a proper presentation, Madden would be an incredible and immersive experience. Show us what our rivals are doing out of town with live updates. What is the impact of this week's games? We play franchise to feel like a part of a real NFL season so why not present the game as such. Live tickers, broadcast camera angles, pregame/halftime/postgame/SportsCenter shows and dynamic accompanying commentary throughout are VITAL to true "beyond broadcast" quality presentation. Playing a franchise mode should FEEL like an imbedded part of a greater whole.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:32 AM   #117
Banned

OVR: 26

The presentation aspect is fine as is to me. Live Broadcast, Halftime breakdowns and such seem awesome but in reality would be hard to create because of the endless commentary that is necessary for the millions of situations that are possible. after a while the **** would ghet redundant and annoying like Madden's voice
Old 12-30-2008, 09:46 AM   #118
Banned

OVR: 26

Actually I take my whole statement back look at this footage!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9O6j...eature=related

Man, and this is from NFL 2k5!!!!! Madden is a robbery!!!!!!!
Old 12-30-2008, 10:32 AM   #119
All Star

OVR: 33

Madden's voice aint annoying!!! XD He states the obvious. ANd thats still cool.

WE all want Madden to LOOK and SOUND like tv.

Have you seen those home team commentators. They're crazy. They erupt on huge plays. Touchdowns. When's someone is streaking up the sideline, they're freaking jumping out of their seats. WE need that sort of enthusiasm combined with Chris Collinsworth insight between plays.

I really like Collinsworth. He sounds enthused and knowledgable.

But we need an EXCITED, ENTHUSIASTIC, DRAMATIC person to do the play-by-play with him.

Ea please break my speakers. The home crowd should erupt during Touchdowns, huge catches, huge runs. AND on DEFENSE.

SEE NCAA 09. My controller is breaking its rumbling so hard on 3rd down in Death Valley. The crowds are so loud they're braeking my speakers.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:02 AM   #120
Pro

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
Actually I take my whole statement back look at this footage!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9O6j...eature=related

Man, and this is from NFL 2k5!!!!! Madden is a robbery!!!!!!!
Thats my point exactly. I bought NFL2K5 (again) recently and yes it does get repetitive after a while, but that was a game from 5 years ago. EA could totally take this SportsCenter recap/highlight/analysis idea and push it beyond broadcast quality. Something as simple as TV camera angles, proper editing/cuts and a little situational commentary goes a LONG way.

Check out what EA did with NHL 94/95 on the PC between periods - out of town updates/scores & highlights from other live games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Dy9NThw_Yc

Sure its crude looking when compared to today's graphics, but the effort to immerse us in what feels like a REAL league/franchise/broadcast was there. This is exactly what EA and Madden need to focus on next year.

Last edited by johnprestonevans; 12-30-2008 at 11:15 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »