Home

What presentaion aspects do you want to see in Madden 2010?

This is a discussion on What presentaion aspects do you want to see in Madden 2010? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Pushed to Mid-October - More Details Revealed
NBA 2K22 Review: The Best 2K Game in Years
FIFA 22 First Impressions
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-30-2008, 08:28 PM   #129
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: What presentaion aspects do you want to see in Madden 2010?

I would love to see the half-time, week in review and all that, but I think the easiest thing they could do to improve the "presentation" is not remind me every 7 seconds that I am playing an EA Sports game. I bought the damn thing, I know who made it, people who do not even play video games know who makes Madden, get off it already!!!

I remember hearing (not sure if it is accurate) that EA has several deals with outside companies to get their name in the game, so why not allow use Pepsi (not sure again if they are involved- just an example) stadium "posters/ billboards) and have the Fed-Ex half-time show or whatever. I mean get a little outside the box, use the huge paying customer base to get revenue from outside sources to pay for R&D costs so that you can make a better game.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:57 AM   #130
All Star

OVR: 33

I think the more ads and posters in the game, the more authentic it will feel.

I wouldn't mind seeing Pepsi or fedex around every other corner. It gives the game an authentic feel.

When we're watchin the game on the tele, we're bombarded with advertisements.

I want to see more stuff brought to you by Sprint or Snickers than 'brought to you by ea sports' stuff.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:17 AM   #131
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Check this out, I know you'll appreciate this one...

I was playing Madden 07 on Sunday. I had the Falcons against the Vikings at MN (I have the game with updated rosters).

30 seconds left, tied game. The Vikes finish driving down on me (my created Adrian Peterson was killing me on the ground). They line up and kick a field goal from about 36 yards out. They make it and it goes into a big cutscene where the kicker jumps into the air with arms extended in the air, then jumps up into the arms of the holder and the holder is kind of carrying him around while a few other Vikings are going nuts!

...My jaw dropped.

I've been playing this game for quite a while and never seen that one before. THIS is the kinda stuff they should've kept building on for presentation. You don't just throw good work like that away and replace it with nothing.

Sidenote: even with 20-something seconds left, I used my created Matt Ryan (who seems to be fast as hell for some reason), completed a few big throws and then kicked the game-winning field goal. It felt especially good to crush the Vikings hopes after they'd just had their big victory cutscene for making the Field goal, lol.
I wonder why they took that out of the game? I hope they bring it(presentation) this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2008, 05:11 AM   #132
All Star

Its annoying when a receiver catches the ball out of bounds and drops the ball and put his hands behind his head.

It looks really awkward.

There are some good post play celebrations though.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:41 PM   #133
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
I think the more ads and posters in the game, the more authentic it will feel.

I wouldn't mind seeing Pepsi or fedex around every other corner. It gives the game an authentic feel.

When we're watchin the game on the tele, we're bombarded with advertisements.

I want to see more stuff brought to you by Sprint or Snickers than 'brought to you by ea sports' stuff.
I agree. This would add to the authenticity of the broadcast feel.

... Advertisements at 2 minute Warnings, and after the 2nd half kickoff might be a nice place to stick one of the sequences.

Like...

Tom Hammond says: "Favre throoows... and it's incomplete. Intended for Coles... And that's the 2 minute warning... (Cue up short version of broadcast ID music, and cue up scorecard overlay) The Jets lead the Bills, 14-10."

Short dramatic pause...

Shot change... cue up broadcast ID alternative track (all sports broadcasts have a main track and an alternative which is lighter and they always use it for sponsorship spots, and sometimes for commercial breaks).

(big overlay pops up over the shot, with ad logo)

Tom Hammond:
"Today's telecast of the NFL on EA Sports is brought to you by....Nike, "Just Do it." And by Coke... "Make the world smile, one Coke at a time."

And they could have different sponsors alternate randomly. It could also be button-"skippable" (lol), and/or toggled off in the options menu.

Last edited by TheWatcher; 12-31-2008 at 08:04 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:27 PM   #134
All Star

How about the legacy gen drive summaries.

i always thought they were coool

They would give you a drive chart, and the player of the drive, presented by sprint i think. can;t remember. It was cool.

I wanna see less Ea in the game, and more ads.

Ea should be content with permanent watermarks.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:17 AM   #135
MVP

OVR: 27

^^^Yeah, I like the drive chart idea much better than the current drive summary overlay we have in 09. Adding the advertiser in there would certainly make it sweeter, too.

They need to just make EA Sports the Network. Not EASN (they can't use that because of a legal situation that happened back in the 90's), but just call the network "EA Sports" (this is the NFL on EA Sports), stick with that and make the logo presence subtle rather than plastered 2 and 3 times per screen like they have in 09 where it becomes annoying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2009, 09:22 AM   #136
All Star

^^^

Agreed. The Ea Sports logo is so intrusive in 09. Its huge, ugly and takes the place of advertisers.

WE all know that Ea SPorts has to advertise themselves in the game constantly. But it should be less intrusive. Maybe subtle things. A huge logo of easports just before replays is really annoying. I dont want to be reminded that this is a game. I want to be reminded that i'm watching telly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »