Home

What presentaion aspects do you want to see in Madden 2010?

This is a discussion on What presentaion aspects do you want to see in Madden 2010? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2009, 09:56 PM   #145
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: What presentaion aspects do you want to see in Madden 2010?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
As far as presentation goes I want Madden to make me feel like I am playing a game of NFL football. I want it to capture the atmosphere of a real NFL game.

My wife gave me a PS3 for Christmas. Last night I was playing a Game of MLB The Show 08. I was totally blown away by the realism of this game. I felt like I was controlling a Baseball game that was on TV. It felt that real. That is what Madden needs to capture. The crowd, sidelines, coaches, fans, announcers all need a major improvement. When my HB runs out of bounds I want to coaches and players on the sidelines grab a hold of him to slow him down like I see on TV. When my WR scores a TD I'd like to see him interact with the fans, High Fives, giving them the ball.

Make things happen in Madden that happen in real NFL games, and mix it up. We need thousands of different celebrations. We also need a lot more content from the announcers. I want to be able to play at least one full season without hearing the same line over and over again.

I'd like to see a pre game show with the announcers giving their input on the upcoming game, like Madden and Michaels do on Monday night football. I also want to see the line ups at the start of the game, they do not have to be introduced and run on to the field, just have their picture come up on screen and have the announcer say their name and give brief info, again like they do in real football games. You know the usually during the first few plays of the game the announcer will say "let's take a look at the Chiefs offensive line up" and then they run through them.

I want a Half time show that will give me live action footage of the key plays of the first half as well as info on all other games being played that Sunday. It should look just like the half time show we see on Sunday, a few guys at a desk talking about and showing clips of the first half and giving a run down on all other games. I want a post game show, player of the game and a weekly wrap up again with live action footage of the key plays of the week.

A sideline reporter would be a nice addition as well. giving us injury updates, and talking to the head coach as he heads into the locker room at half time. Interviewing the player of the game at the end of the game on the field.

Playoff atmosphere, this one is big. When I play and full season and my team makes the playoffs, I want it to feel like a playoff game. Also at the end of the regular season if I am battling for a wildcard spot like the Eagles & Cowboys just did, I want to feel that same big game atmosphere.

Superbowl - Again we need this game to feel like the Superbowl and not just another game. Make the QB miss a few passes in the first drive because of nerves, then he settles down and gets in his groove. Give us a huge halftime show with first half info and footage. Most importantly show the winning team celebrating, holding the trophy up, spraying Champagne, interview the MVP and the winning Coach.

Also for those who may not want to sit through a pre, half, or post game show just allow them to push a button and skip it.

Make it real. Remember - EA Sports, if it's in the game, it's in the game. Well you've not lived up to that so far.

And lastly the most important thing before all the presentation additions in the world, get the gameplay right first. Make that part of the game realistic and go from there.
You and I share, completely, the vision that I would like to see taken in terms of improving the franchise mode.

I also agree about MLB The Show 2008. I just picked this up for $25.00 and I also had the same reaction--that I was controlling a MLB game that happened to be broadcast of FOX or ESPN. It just feels...real.

That's what I want in Madden. Don't just go for a simulation of football, make me FEEL it's real with TV style presentation, and a host of ideas that people such as JMD, myself and dozens others have stated both here and in the wishlist.

It's great that Ian and company want to get momemtum in the game and an accurate depiction of the fullback dive. But if I don't buy into the idea that I'm playing an actual NFL game--if I'm not thoroughly immersed--it's all for naught.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2009, 04:57 AM   #146

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

All i want is the shawne merriman shuffle after a sack. More interactions as a team after big plays.

And the shawne merriman shuffle after a sack or half a sack, is that to much to ask for just a quick 3 to 5 second thing. I shouldn't have to run all the way down the field with merriman after he intercepts a ball (which he barely gets anyway) just to get to the inzone to do the soulja boy dance.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:11 AM   #147
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
All i want is the shawne merriman shuffle after a sack. More interactions as a team after big plays.

And the shawne merriman shuffle after a sack or half a sack, is that to much to ask for just a quick 3 to 5 second thing. I shouldn't have to run all the way down the field with merriman after he intercepts a ball (which he barely gets anyway) just to get to the inzone to do the soulja boy dance.
If they add that, then they have to start adding alot of other specific player celebrations. While I am not saying that I dont want to see them, I think it may be too much to ask for, at least for 2010.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:39 AM   #148
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
Presentation isn't what EA does. Either they don't understand, or they don't care. Either way, Madden will not come close to the 2K5 style presentation that most want. Madden 2010 will be identical to 09 in terms of presentation, just with some altered graphics like they do every year. Thats it, thats all. Don't expect anything more, because you will be disappointed yet again, and again, and again...
Actually Ian has said that it was going to be a focus this year.

They already said they have new on-screen graphics/stat banners and they still haven't said what the "EPIC" feature was involving presentation.

So you are wrong in saying that no one should expect anything more...
Old 03-25-2009, 08:19 AM   #149
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
If they add that, then they have to start adding alot of other specific player celebrations. While I am not saying that I dont want to see them, I think it may be too much to ask for, at least for 2010.
09 OR 08 had that lil basketball shooting thing the Giants linemen do or did
Old 03-25-2009, 08:37 AM   #150
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Dynamic crowds.

IMO, referees, chain gangs, and cheerleaders are NOT presentation. Neither are fireworks! Good stat overlays, pre/post game shows, and halftime highlights would be phenomonal.

Above all though, crowds that cheer and boo at the right time are part of the game that we watch every weekend. If I use the Cowboys in franchise mode, the week 15 game in Philly should have a louder more boisterous crowd than a week 2 pre season game in Cleveland.

There is absolutely NO atmosphere in the game at all. This is what makes the game boring. IMO, 09 was playable on the field, it just got to be soooooooo boooooring that I took it back.

Listen to the crowd in this video. Notice how there is a swelling of noise when the ball is in the air to Plax? What about how the crowd continues to stay loud after the play?

Old 03-25-2009, 03:41 PM   #151

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
Yes I wouldn't mind other celebrations for all teams, you see it on sunday don't you, then it should be in the game b/c when merriman gets a sack he most of the time celebrates. More celebrations and interactions with a team especially in big play situations. makes the game more life like!!!

Not really b/c i was playing 09 yesterday and i got a huge clean shot off the line with merriman at full speed and put tony romo in some some pain.

After the sack it showed merriman for like 4 or 5 seconds pointing in the the air and rubbing his feet across the grass and thats when he needs to be doin his dance
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »