Home

What presentaion aspects do you want to see in Madden 2010?

This is a discussion on What presentaion aspects do you want to see in Madden 2010? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Pushed to Mid-October - More Details Revealed
NBA 2K22 Review: The Best 2K Game in Years
FIFA 22 First Impressions
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-16-2008, 07:11 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: What presentaion aspects do you want to see in Madden 2010?

CUSTOM CAMERA ANGLES

refs, chain gangs

busier sidelines

more dynamic (tone/pitch/volume) crowd reactions, with increasing & decreasing attendence

intelligent player celebrations, more realistic based on game situation etc...

utilize espn license for tv overlays ( make smaller, move to very top or very bottom of screen)

double-triple (at least) unique commentary variety, and create a more natural conversation flow

add a brief 'realism delay' so refs don't call penalties and TDs at the exact split second it happens, and announcers don't call the injuries the moment the player hits the ground

players tending to injured teamates, calling for trainers, trainers kneel over hurt guy, helping off field, etc

simplify the overall menu structure

show more detail in team select screen, for example
....................... OVR 91 .......................
.. OFF .... 94 .... DEF .. 88 ..... ST . 89 ....
.. QB ...... 89 ......................................
.. OL ...... 91 .... DL .... 90 ....................
.. WR/TE . 92 .... DB ... 83 .....................
.. HB/FB .. 96 .... LB .... 86 ....................

add ability to preview uniforms prior to selecting one, and ability to choose uniform top/bottom/helmet combos

eliminate rings

slightly decrease the extreme rain/mud uniform degradation and increase the field degradation

in hardcore mode, regardless of the situation, do not automatically change my playcalling screen to 'ask madden'

don't cut the camera away from the field goal attempts at the last second

don't cut to the scoreboard (i.e. injury cut scene)

• PSN ID: MaddenDew

Last edited by jvaccaro; 11-16-2008 at 07:23 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:20 PM   #10
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Great ideas in here. To add, I'd like to see the rivalry games and playoff games have that "playoff atmosphere." Rowdy crowds, players pumped up, some emotion from coaches, etc. Maybe some slight scuffles (like guys finishing plays extra hard or maybe taking offense to a rough hit/block).

Franchise presentation is huge to me. Take the foundations of NFL HC like NFL Network coverage during draft and FA and build on that. I liked the radio show from years past. Also, weekly wrapups, highlight packages, realistic news coverage (If a coach is on the hot seat or a player is being a b*tch, I'd like to hear about it. What I mean about realistic is that 2K attempted this in their baseball game and basically every player and coach in the league were fighting. Tie it to morale or coach approval, etc).

Injury cutaways, more sideline and crowd life (including dynamic attendance), team interaction (players pumping eachother up on good plays, maybe more "explosive" type guys like a TO jumping on their QB or other teamates, etc).

I could go on forever as presentation is of equal importance to gameplay IMO, but that's all for now
Old 11-16-2008, 07:34 PM   #11
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Do something with injuries. I am tired of seeing a guy get hurt and lay there motionless while everyone ignores him. Bring out the trainers. I hate to say this, but just look at 2k5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2008, 07:35 PM   #12
MVP

Stroehms's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
Do something with injuries. I am tired of seeing a guy get hurt and lay there motionless while everyone ignores him. Bring out the trainers. I hate to say this, but just look at 2k5.
Show the guy hurt, walking/being carried off the field. And then after the next play, walking towards the tunnel if it's serious.

Old 11-16-2008, 08:11 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 28

One thing that would be cool is if your a visiting QB in an outrageous stadium ALA heinz field, as a visitor you see the crowd waving their terrible towels around...then stadium is so lud it drowns everything out...the controller is shaking due to the nerves and heartbeat of your QB. Cant see the play art becasue of the stadium. You see your QB lookin at the terrible pittsburgh defense and you see them taunting your qb. This stuff is what reall football fans want. Kinda like the michael vick experience (w/o the dogs) only the nfl experience. Heres an awesome video of some presentation...take note that this video is exactly waht we want:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rwh2S...eature=related
Old 11-16-2008, 08:31 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 28

Now that this thread is stickied, all posters please put postive posts that will contribute to madden in here.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:57 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 18

+Add TEAM celebrations
-after big plays
-after touchdowns

To add on to what someone said earlier about injured players, there is a lot more interaction between teammates then what is currently shown in game now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2008, 09:49 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 6

- Better Atmosphere - Realistic Crowds - Get loud on 3rd, 4th and Big Plays. And specific situations - Crowd reaction - For instance if I throw a deep ball to a wide open receiver and he drops the ball the crowd goes OhhhhhHh!!

- Better Commentary - Commentators don't show any emotion - It makes the game boring. This is a game of emotions - Not even the players are emotional enough. Also have commentators talking about playoff implication in the last quarter of the season and the keys to success. More color commentary, If any player is having a great season talk about that. The stuff that real commentators talk about.

- Celebrations - Oh man. I really hate when I score a TD none of my teammates go to the end zone to greet me. I hate that! Have my teammates jump on me.

- Specific Situational Celebrations - If a make a last minute field goal I would like to see my teammates go crazy. If I make a last second TD catch have all my teammates pile all up over me for a few seconds. Have player recognizing the situations. All this while the commentator goes crazy.

- Injures animations - If a player goes down if a concussion or a career threading injury have teammates kneel down and pray for him. :P

- Towels -

- TATOOS!!! I want real tattos!!! We had this in the last generation!

-

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »