Home

What presentaion aspects do you want to see in Madden 2010?

This is a discussion on What presentaion aspects do you want to see in Madden 2010? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2008, 11:14 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: What presentaion aspects do you want to see in Madden 2010?

I'd love to see them take the score, down & distance, and qtr. box out and replace it with one more like the networks have (smaller) and then place it in the top right corner of the screen so its out of the way.

The way it is now, they have that big ol' thing right in the middle of the screen...plus, its up to the user to know that the game situation is...the game info box is actually a huge giveaway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2008, 01:54 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 27

My concept:

Real life:

... Broadcast standard... that's all's I'm say'in

Sweet angle on a simple TD celebration

... we need a total overhaul of the post-play camera philosophy.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:59 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 12

I think the presentation aspect could very easily be fixed. Watch an actual televised NFL game and make Madden look like that as much as possible. I honestly think this will fix many of the presentation issues.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:12 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
My concept:

Real life:

... Broadcast standard... that's all's I'm say'in

Sweet angle on a simple TD celebration

... we need a total overhaul of the post-play camera philosophy.

Wow, great idea! I love the close up of the TD. They should do like a whole cinematic cut scene once a player breaks the goaline.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:20 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 27

What perplexes me about the whole thing though, is that the photo I showed there kinda reminds you of some of what they were doing with Madden 07. I remember running a TD in with Peyton Manning and I got a cutscene just like that. Needless to say, I lost my mind. I didn't see it again but once, but it was very nice.

What they should do now is just make angle changes in these moments like you said (no far away shots, stay close and at field level), and let us still have control of what the player does next so it doesn't turn into a canned cutscene situation.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:28 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 22

I forgot one thing.. im a CNC Programmer at my work place, i couldn't get my mind off madden 2010 while working lol.. today i was at work thinking about this post a bit while working and then it hit me that i forgot to add this and i been meaning to post about it in here for a while now but it just slips my mind some times.

Injuries.. some cool injury scenario's should be put into Madden 2010. I know it something that NFL2k5 did but it was "VERY" cool and believe it or not, it REALLY made me feel like i was really IN THE GAME!. When a player gets hurt and is on the ground rolling in pain, show a cut scene of some team staff running out onto the field to go help the injured player up.. then have the camera pan around while the team staff help the player limp off the field....I'll say it Again!, if you do put this in, MAKE SURE there are plenty of various cut scenes of coaches,staff,etc running out to check up on the injured player.. you know, maybe one cut scene, have 2-3 team staff run out, another time have 4-5 staff come out along with a offensive coach or something..just mix it up a bit so its not the same each time.

(but it shouldnt stop there, CHECK THIS BELOW)
For more "serious" injuries...bring in a cart onto the field, Show the team staff helping the player onto the cart ... but check this out! When the cart is driving the player off the field towards the tunnel entrance.. have the crowd give off a loud "cheer & clap" ...just like the fans/crowds do in a real NFL game...you know, give the injured player a bit of applause ... these "little" things MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE, Tiburon.

This is the very thing im trying to stress and as you can see.. many others in here agree with me or have that same insight on this...there's no denying it... we REALLY want to see these kind of things in Madden 2010. It shouldn't be a very time consuming thing to implement neither.... dedicate a few guys to implement this stuff into Madden 2010 for us..

One last thing.. kick off and field goal camera's... i really think using more various camera's ..or lower to the ground camera's would be more dynamic and fun to watch the ball fly thru the air.

This may sound strange but believe it or not.. us gamers LOVE to watch the ball sail up in the air.. for kick offs... let the camera focus on the ball while its high up in the air a bit longer.... and same for field goals, maybe keep that camera very low behind the field goal kicker..soon as his foot meets the ball..pan that camera angle around some.. so we can watch that ball sail up from the ground up thru the posts...

Its these little things that count.. and im glad to see alot of people sharing their thoughts and idea's for this topic..it really is VERY IMPORTANT to Madden...if we can convince the developers into believing in us with this.. Madden 2010 will be one damn fun and exciting game of football... i have no doubt about it...

Last edited by Moegames; 11-17-2008 at 04:38 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:14 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 28

these are some great ideas watcher. I like the zoom up of the TD celebration AND the play calling screen where your looking up from the huddle
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2008, 09:32 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 5

did anyone mention commentary during replays

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »