Home

What presentaion aspects do you want to see in Madden 2010?

This is a discussion on What presentaion aspects do you want to see in Madden 2010? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-17-2008, 09:34 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: What presentaion aspects do you want to see in Madden 2010?

Check my last post. Hey but add on
Old 11-17-2008, 11:23 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
This may sound strange but believe it or not.. us gamers LOVE to watch the ball sail up in the air.. for kick offs... let the camera focus on the ball while its high up in the air a bit longer.... and same for field goals, maybe keep that camera very low behind the field goal kicker..soon as his foot meets the ball..pan that camera angle around some.. so we can watch that ball sail up from the ground up thru the posts...
Great ideas Moegames. I highlighted this one for a reason. We need to see the ball on passes as well. Focus the camera on the ball, don't just have the ball fly off of the screen and come back down by the receiver. The camera should follow the ball in its trajectory.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:10 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 12

If by "follow the ball's trajectory" you mean the camera should follow it like it does on televised games then I'm with you. Following the ball on kicks and passes up close or something and panning the camera around on kicks sounds lame as hell. I'm sorry.

On fg's and xp's the camera should show the kick happening from behind at a distance and then when the ball is hit, the camera switches to the endzone with the refs on the ground in view to signal if the kick is good or not. Anything other then that won't look good imo.

For kickoffs, show it like they do on televised games until the ball is caught.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2008, 12:38 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith121212
If by "follow the ball's trajectory" you mean the camera should follow it like it does on televised games then I'm with you. Following the ball on kicks and passes up close or something and panning the camera around on kicks sounds lame as hell. I'm sorry.

On fg's and xp's the camera should show the kick happening from behind at a distance and then when the ball is hit, the camera switches to the endzone with the refs on the ground in view to signal if the kick is good or not. Anything other then that won't look good imo.

For kickoffs, show it like they do on televised games until the ball is caught.
By follow the ball's trajectory, I just meant to keep the ball on the screen. Like the way All-Pro 2k8 follows the ball on passes. I agree about the fg camera.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:24 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 9

I think they just need to go pop in a copy of NFL 2K5 and copy everything from that game in terms of the presentation, add the next gen touch to it and you have a winner. They have exclusive NFL and EPSN rights, USE THEM!!!!
Old 11-18-2008, 10:55 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 28

Like what? What in the presentation of 2k5 made it so good? I know what it had but your post just says, "go watch something" when if I was a developer I am not gonna watch anything my FORMER competitor produced. If I wa an EA developer I would want to make my own brand and create my own wow effect instead of copying becasue lets face it, if EA copied 2k then that would only enforce the fact that 2k was better. I as a developer would have more interest in protecting the companies image than to EVER resort ot copying a FORMER competitor. So again, what presentation aspect would make madden amazing? Go-
Old 11-18-2008, 11:39 PM   #39
Pro

OVR: 10

When I think presentation I actually think menus and stuff.

Why is the menu in some boring room, especially the franchise and superstar mode menus.

NFL Head Coach was cool with the stadium and the streets surrounding it, really like that style.

What about something like FIFA where before the main menu you can control the likes of an Adrian Peterson and try stiff arm, side step or truck some defender.

Superstar mode should go back to like the apartment or mansion type of menu, gets you into the mode more.

Basically what im saying is I am SICK of the SAME menu from the past 2-3 years!

Badly needs an upgrade!
Old 11-18-2008, 11:55 PM   #40
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

T O W E L S

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »