Home

What presentaion aspects do you want to see in Madden 2010?

This is a discussion on What presentaion aspects do you want to see in Madden 2010? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Pushed to Mid-October - More Details Revealed
NBA 2K22 Review: The Best 2K Game in Years
FIFA 22 First Impressions
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-19-2008, 03:01 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: What presentaion aspects do you want to see in Madden 2010?

Post from watcher in another thread. I moved it becasue it was good and needed to be here.

TV Football broadcasts use what we would call "cutscenes" every game, all game long. I don't want them to necessarily be canned like Madden 06 and 07, but the game camera's should be able to quickly recognize and capture scenarios that would take over the screen. Where Madden 09 failed is in how the camera's picked up moments. You'd make a big play and the camera would start drifting away from the field, or it would take this awful zoomed out shot, or worse this shot where all you see is grass and the one player in this overhead kinda shot. That ain't broadcast quality. Players need to be featured properly by the camera.

I'm not talking about doing it like Madden 06 and 07 where you had cutscenes for guys signaling a first down with their arm. A simple camera switch should be able to capture that in a large shot without it being some canned experience.

I'm talking about like what you pointed out Rashad: important moments and moments that add life to the game. Madden doesn't have them and that's why their is so much negative opinion about the presentation, and also why "beyond broadcast" fell WAY shy.

A mix of what's done in Head Coach (minus the movie-like zooming and background black/white shots of the crowd), 2K5's post play, and the large shots of Madden 09's post play (which we didn't get even close to enough of) and we'd finally have a winner.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2008, 03:15 AM   #42
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

You know, I would love to see the challenge system expanded. I love 2Ks system, but I'd expand on that. It would be awesome to go into the challenge system and not only choose the specific challange you want to make, but also have your staff (who generally let the HC know what his chances are anyway) give a percentage. So for example, you want to challenge a ball spot and you see you have a 63% chance of winning based on your own booth's judgement. It could take into account your coaching staff's skill (maybe a specific rating, or tie it to another rating, like knowledge) in the decision.

I would also like to see variable refs (tendencies to overturn/uphold more plays, call more/less penalties, etc) which could also be calculated into this decision. Lastly, while the announcers are discussing their take on the particular challenge, they could mention whether or not the particular crew is more or less likely to overturn a play and what your HC's percentage is when it comes to winning challenges (coupled with a nice stat overlay, of course). To extend the presentation of this even further, maybe during the halftime or post-game shows (HINT HINT IAN) the guys could discuss how the outcome of the challenge (and refs calls in gneral) has effected the game (if at all). Maybe it was a bad call that screwed you, or a great decision to overturn a potentially backbreaking call.

Anyway, I know that's terribly detailed, but THAT's what I'd love in terms presentation.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:53 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 25

Have the player appear on screen, have him announce his own name and the college he attended in the early stages of the game. Similar to Sunday Night Football on NBC.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:51 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 2

If EA was smart, they would just try to mimic 2k5 to a T. Give us meaningful highlights during the game, at halftime, and finally at the end of the game. Also, give us a weekly Spotscenter like 2k5. 2k5 was so ahead of its time. I haven't bought Madden for years and will not until they add these elements into it.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:03 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrady
Have the player appear on screen, have him announce his own name and the college he attended in the early stages of the game. Similar to Sunday Night Football on NBC.
Now that would be awesome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2008, 11:49 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 5

i hope they change the int camera.i hate the way everything slows down and does that matrix spin.thats so played out.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:17 AM   #47
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

ok Ian, i hope you and everyone at EA is listening to these comments. I think it is fair to say Everyone wants a realistic looking broadcast feel to the game.

No Excuses for Madden 2010, please!!!
Old 11-20-2008, 09:34 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 6

OFFICIAL COLOR SHOES -
LOW SOCKS
TATOOS
BETTER ANKLE TAPES

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »