Home

What presentaion aspects do you want to see in Madden 2010?

This is a discussion on What presentaion aspects do you want to see in Madden 2010? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Pushed to Mid-October - More Details Revealed
NBA 2K22 Review: The Best 2K Game in Years
FIFA 22 First Impressions
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-20-2008, 01:17 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: What presentaion aspects do you want to see in Madden 2010?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookie48
Like what? What in the presentation of 2k5 made it so good? I know what it had but your post just says, "go watch something" when if I was a developer I am not gonna watch anything my FORMER competitor produced. If I wa an EA developer I would want to make my own brand and create my own wow effect instead of copying becasue lets face it, if EA copied 2k then that would only enforce the fact that 2k was better. I as a developer would have more interest in protecting the companies image than to EVER resort ot copying a FORMER competitor. So again, what presentation aspect would make madden amazing? Go-
But at this point, what other choice do they have? They would just be doing what everyone else is saying anyway. I can understand taking offense when you are actually competing with the competition but they aren't doing that these days are they?

The only reason so many mention "copy 2k5" is because they haven't shown us they have the ability to do it themselves, which is sad. We are stuck with one game, ONE GAME! So if they took away the best(presentation wise), they damn better atleast match what the competition offered.

Look at other genres, look how great games like Bioshock, Oblivion, Halo, Gears and Forza have pushed their genre forward. Look at where all other sport sims are these days. And then come back and look at football. It's a sad and laughable pill to swallow.

Presentation:
-For the love of God, please get rid of those huge helmets and fireworks. The only time I've seen anything like that was the Superbowl. Atleast save it for then.

Add
-Stadium personality(including):
dynamic crowds, use of 5.1 surround sound, terrible towels, mascot specific sounds upon good first downs or touchdowns, the 12th man, player specific chants (Dueeeeccce!), Boos and cheers specific to what is happening on the field, THE WAVE!

That is what I need to start to enjoy playing Madden again. I may add more later. Peace.

Old 11-20-2008, 03:01 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 12

Yes. Presentation is what Madden is missing. Nowadays presentation is key.

EA already has a football game, they just need to bring it to life.
Old 11-22-2008, 04:01 AM   #51
All Star

OVR: 33

Just make it look like what i see on TV.

Problem solved.

Any of the broadcasters are fine. CBS, FOX , ESPN , NFL NETWORK.

Doesn't matter.

I wanna see the same thing on tv as i do in madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2008, 07:40 AM   #52
MVP

OVR: 13

please bring back the broadcast cam that was ditched many years ago! And with the broadcast cam, add in some receiver windows-That would really help this game. I hope someone from EA reads this and acts on it.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:49 PM   #53
Pro

OVR: 12

I'm happy with the presentation the way it is. We all know the more screens, replays, and stat screens the show we would just press the button to get pass them after a game or two and would just become annoying.

The only thing I would add is better SB celebrations. This is was one of the worst celebrations I have ever seen.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:57 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 27

^^^ But with a new playcall screen that would bring scenes up (and also bring scenes in from field to playcall screen) you wouldn't have to skip anything. It would all be seamless and dynamic. We basically need the playcall screen/scene style we saw in the Madden Next Gen Video. That would go a long way to fixing what really is a big shortcoming for this franchise.

Presentation makes a big difference to many things in life. The presentation in Madden right now is pretty weak. The post-play camera's need to be completely reworked, auto-replays are downright awful as they give you the absolute worst angles (and now a strange color-filter change each time), and there is no atmosphere.

I think a good idea would be to make presentation aspects able to be turned off like Fever 2004 allowed you to turn off post-play sequences (they called it "player reactions" I believe), and how All Pro Football allowed you to turn off the Field Pass cutscenes... aside from a thin presentation, Madden just gives the user so little control over their game.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:32 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono078
Why is the menu in some boring room, especially the franchise and superstar mode menus.

NFL Head Coach was cool with the stadium and the streets surrounding it, really like that style.

Superstar mode should go back to like the apartment or mansion type of menu, gets you into the mode more.
Exactly, make it FEEL like you're the GM/Owner of the Franchise. The blue room this year was killer...in a bad way. Who needs a trophy section for play now games?

I admit I've never played Head Coach, but from what I've seen and heard there are a lot of great concepts that you could implement into Madden franchise. Don't take away the multi-team franchise though!
24-8 Madden 12 Record.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2008, 08:34 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'd like some music when showing the stats and player introductions just like on TV.

Bring in Gus Johnson to do commentary. This guy is one of the best in the business.

Louder crowds, make it feel like your actually there. Crowd AI. Basically, like a real crowd watching a real game.

Basically, watch a NFL game and implement what's going on there into the game. It's also the little things that count too

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »