Home

Any Tips On Playing LB?

This is a discussion on Any Tips On Playing LB? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2008, 08:28 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 34
Any Tips On Playing LB?

I cant read a thing. The line just jumbles so I cant tell what they are doing, which forces me to read backfield, which opens you up to play action.

Suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2008, 09:52 AM   #2
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Any Tips On Playing LB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
I cant read a thing. The line just jumbles so I cant tell what they are doing, which forces me to read backfield, which opens you up to play action.

Suggestions?
I don't know if this helps at all, but if the O-Line goes towards the D-Line and tries to block them, its a run. If they sit back and let the D-Line come to them, its a pass.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:32 PM   #3
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...sive-tips.html

Good info in this thread for reading playaction vs. pass. At LB, make sure you know your assignments and how take proper angles. I find that loosening your eyes instead of locking them on the player you are controlling and just kinda flowing to the ball has made me more effective. Especially in the passing game where I drop into my zone and read routes.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:24 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...sive-tips.html

Good info in this thread for reading playaction vs. pass. At LB, make sure you know your assignments and how take proper angles. I find that loosening your eyes instead of locking them on the player you are controlling and just kinda flowing to the ball has made me more effective. Especially in the passing game where I drop into my zone and read routes.
Thanks. I'm alright at safety, but LB is my favorite position.

I'm dabbling back into MAdden for Franchise mode, as I play APF online a ton. MLB in APF I have down pat. I think the major difference is in the speed of the two games.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:54 PM   #5
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Thanks. I'm alright at safety, but LB is my favorite position.

I'm dabbling back into MAdden for Franchise mode, as I play APF online a ton. MLB in APF I have down pat. I think the major difference is in the speed of the two games.
I haven't tried controlling MLB yet in Madden, but I also run with my MLB in APF. Like you said, the game speed probably makes a big difference. I actually think once you re-adjust to the speed, controlling the MLB "should" be easier in APF as I don't think the MLBs in Madden get sucked into the wash as much as they do in APF.

What's your gamertag? We need to get a game of APF in.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2008, 09:01 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 31

I dream of the day where we can actually get defensive reads from the Line....good thread!
Old 11-17-2008, 09:10 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
I haven't tried controlling MLB yet in Madden, but I also run with my MLB in APF. Like you said, the game speed probably makes a big difference. I actually think once you re-adjust to the speed, controlling the MLB "should" be easier in APF as I don't think the MLBs in Madden get sucked into the wash as much as they do in APF.

What's your gamertag? We need to get a game of APF in.

Ny Kia31 is my GT. Yeah, After a couple of online games, I made few slight adjustments..I backed up a couple of steps which gives me a little more time to read and then go from there. That way, If I am fooled by playaction, I'm not so deep towards the LOS that I cannot recover.

I try to lay off of pass commit/****n commit, except for obvious situations and rely on my playcalling/playmaking ability

I just wish that the O-line movements were more distinct. They all seem to fire out the same way regardless of what type of running play is called.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:50 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 25

I always try to play with a backer, it depends on what play I have called which one I use, but I found out that I am best at playing zone with the LB's or blitzing. When I try to play man on the CPU...I get burnt.

Like the other guy siad, just know your assignment, and try to see the whole play dev. if you can. (Tip) playing a zone dog is a good way to do this. But, the most important thing is to find out what type of LB skill you are best at and then look at your group of backers to see which one fits your style of play and vice versa.

Last edited by Guillotine 1; 11-17-2008 at 01:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »