Home

signature running styles?

This is a discussion on signature running styles? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2008, 02:43 PM   #9
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: signature running styles?

If you haven't done a scissor kick with Walter Payton in APF 2k8 you haven't really lived.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:01 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Sufferer
If you haven't done a scissor kick with Walter Payton in APF 2k8 you haven't really lived.

Lol Amen.........
Old 12-21-2008, 01:09 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 10

It really bother's me how high Frank Gore runs in Madden09. I would love to see his low to the ground running style. I think a good 10-15 different styles would go along ways in the game if implemented.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2008, 03:24 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 10

after seeing ians video of the juke system he was messing around with it seems the direction is to get more different types of jukes instead of getting signature running styles it seemed to me that now when you press the spin button it depends on how fast your going what direction your going your players size, and ratings, and possible where the closest defender is at too you.
soo there could be now over 20-50 animations just for spin moves alone. it seems like the left and right and stop jukes are getting a lot of animations for to including stutters moves ive seen. it reminds me of 2k5s system.

however even though that is going to be great to witness.
there are some players like ap who do need there own set of signature jukes. but if theres only 10 guys who have there full sig styles and jukes it would make other runningbacks repetitive or people would complain. i just hope at least they get every runningbacks signature style of running/sprinting downfield.

and i still do hope they go back to classic controll system.

Last edited by SomeStrangeSin; 12-21-2008 at 03:28 AM.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:53 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 25

You guys have totally misunderstood the thread & the topic of various run animations/styles.

Every player looks exactly the same in Madden when they run, adding different strides has nothing to do with signature moves. Wha good are player specific jukes when all the players run the same way up and down the football field? So your saying you only want LT or AP to look like themselves when they are juking??? How is it that a OT has the same run style as a RB or a WR?

Why do FBs run with the same fluidness of CBs? The point of this request was not to give superstar players more identifiability (further obscuring anyone who is not a household name) by giving them and only them certain moves or movements...the point of the request was to make all of the players look move position specific and add much needed variety to the game as a whole.

Why is everything about star players with some of you guys???

Was Matt Forte a star? What about Matt Cassell? Tashard Choice? Was Chris Johnson a NFL superstar? No, they were not. But they out played nearly all of their peers.

We have to stop allowig this game to be catered to the ideal of individualism, once we get back to team first football...we'll have ourselves a game gain.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:49 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 27

It would be nice to have everyone move like they do in real life, but there is a limit to this stuff. Most people know how LT runs, Peyton Manning throws, or how Ray Lewis gets ready for the snap. They are unlikely to really have payed attention to how Tashard Choice (a rookie who was a backup) runs, or how Tyler Thigpen (who started off as a backup for an awful team) throws. They also probably don't care about these guys because they haven't made a name for themselves yet. That's just the way it is.

I'm a guy who watches every team and keeps good tabs on most of the players in the NFL. I'm a football fanatic. But I gravitate and have better memory of the stars because that's who I see most of. That's who we all see most of. So I'm concerned first and foremost with the stars of the league getting their real-life movements, and then after that it can trickle down anywhere.

As for better position specific movement... I agree. There is some now, but maybe it's just not coming across that well to us. The way the QB's run need's revamping and the overall ballcarrier animation is not right as the player doesn't tuck it away and move his arms faster and tighter to the body. For a perfect example of the "right" way to run, check out the long Willis McGahee touchdown run from last night's game vs. the Cowboys.

From the way the ball carrier animation looks, you'd think that the space they're mo-capping in is too small to have a guy run full blast so he's jogging quickly but not running with any real fury. If I'm not mistaken, the Moven Mocap tools can be used outdoors in larger spaces. If this isn't being tried already, I'd like to see them doing this running outside in an open space so the ballcarrier can have the freedom to go full blast, and I'd imagine the animation would look more textbook.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:51 PM   #15
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12

In a crucial situation will any back be able to go 70, 80, or 90 yards against the Cowboys? If it's in the game, it's in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2008, 12:57 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 38

::waits for ian to comment::

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »