Home

CPU making you throw interceptions!!!

This is a discussion on CPU making you throw interceptions!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2008, 12:43 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
CPU making you throw interceptions!!!

I finally noticed this, Im in my 4th year of franchise and I play every game. I use the adaptive a.i. feature still because I like a challenge. The big flaw is that when my pass offense meter fills up, the cpu will make me throw 2 or 3 picks the next game just to bring it back down. It wouldnt bother me if I was making bad decisions in throwing, but its blatant that my qb will throw a couple passes straight to the defender or the opposite of where I was throwing when me passing meter is filled.

Next year lets make the a.i. truly adaptive, if my qb is a passing threat, make the cpu play more coverage defense and use more db's so I would be forced to run more, do not make me throw picks for the sake of it.

I will win...
NBA-Bulls, Thunder
NFL-Da Bears, Eagles
MLB-Whitesox
C-Football-The Ohio State University, Illinois
C-Basketball-Duke
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2008, 12:57 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: CPU making you throw interceptions!!!

It is made like that cause the AI is very bad and the engione just isn't suffienct. A lot of problems in Madden 08 happened, like when you threw to the open guy, the ball would like fly into the defender's hands as if he was using The Force. Try playing another football game if this pisses you off.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:28 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuJoiseySoulja
It is made like that cause the AI is very bad and the engione just isn't suffienct. A lot of problems in Madden 08 happened, like when you threw to the open guy, the ball would like fly into the defender's hands as if he was using The Force. Try playing another football game if this pisses you off.
1.) it does piss me off

2.) I like madden, I just do not like that part. Even if I was not a fan of madden, this is the only NFL choice I have.

I will win...
NBA-Bulls, Thunder
NFL-Da Bears, Eagles
MLB-Whitesox
C-Football-The Ohio State University, Illinois
C-Basketball-Duke
Old 11-21-2008, 09:50 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

The only option is to pick your spots more. Use more screens, drags, quick ins and the like and play a more balanced game. If you throw the ball all over the feild on all-madden passing then you're gonna get picked off some. Otherwise it wouldnt be that difficult.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:26 PM   #5
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

I do know that if you try to throw straight bullets and a defender is anywhere in the path, it will get picked more often than not, paticularly on the higher settings. There's no real ability to drop one over the defenders with any regularity. Not sure that constitutes the CPU "Making you throw interceptions" though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2008, 11:14 PM   #6
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11

I know exactly what he's saying. Sometimes, no matter HOW you angle you passes, and no matter HOW open your WR is, the CPU will force your pass to go 5 feet left,right or up to allow it to get picked off. There is NOTHING you can do to stop it either and it's completely random.

It's one of the biggest CPU cheeze plays in the game and when it happens to me, depending on the situation, I'll just quit and start over.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:37 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 14

who remembers this from 08?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqjb6ldmv3g
Old 11-22-2008, 04:08 AM   #8
All Star

OVR: 33

Dw. Game physics are stuffed. Superhuman dlinemen and linebackers. The ball warps into the defenders hands when they're both doing the spin catch.

Hopefully they fix it next year and appreciate head tracking as an important part to football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »