Home

Suggestions for my Rerating Project..

This is a discussion on Suggestions for my Rerating Project.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2008, 12:47 PM   #1
Pro

MBMavs20's Arena

OVR: 6
Suggestions for my Rerating Project..

Well, I am finally back in Madden Mode, and I started a franchise with the Giants. After 2 exhibition games, I found it was much easier to pass the ball than run it. This is driving me crazy, and I need to do something about it. The Giants have a great offensive line and running game, but you would never know it in the 2 games i have played.

One problem I noticed was my line doesn't open enough holes for me to run through. I don't know if this is a AI issue, or the defensive rating are to high. When I do see a hole I can run through, it seems the LB's are there way too quickly, and they close it up for no gain.

Some of the changes I plan to make are as follows:

1. Re-rate all the players. I used to love doing this on the PS2 with Madden, because they always overrate the players, especially speed and the Catch abiliby of the CB's. LB's, with a couple of exceptions, should have their speed raings between 70 and 80. That way, they are not chasing down RB's from behind, or dropping me for a loss in the backfield. I know this happens in the NFL, but it shouldn't happen once every series, not with the Giants offensive line.

2. Adjust the strength ratings for the offensive and defensive lines. Want to see if this will affect a players chance to shead a lineman's block. Too many times when I control Antonio Pierce, he gets sucked in by the lineman, and I can never seem to shead a block.

3. Reduce WR's speed and catch rating. Not sure what Braylon Edwards catch rating is, but he is leading the league with 15 drops this year, so it needs to be lowered.

I know other members have re-rated rosters, and posted them in the roster thread. I would love to hear their advice and opinion on the adjustments they made. I think sometimes I enjoy adjusting the rosters than playing the game. LOL.

BTW, I can't get used to using the R3 stick to juke, or the R2 button to sprint. I am so used to the PS2 configuration, I can't seem to adapt to the new one. Probably why I can't run the ball.

Last edited by MBMavs20; 11-26-2008 at 12:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »