Home

Im feeling really good about Madden 2010 and so should you!

This is a discussion on Im feeling really good about Madden 2010 and so should you! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2008, 12:55 PM   #33
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Im feeling really good about Madden 2010 and so should you!

I rented Madden '09 and played a few games back when it was released. I was very encouraged by the gameplay. Granted, it was just a few games, but it seemed pretty tight.

The reason I didn't plunk down $60 and buy the game was that franchise mode is so horrible by all accounts. The CPU cutting guys like Peyton Manning, good players rotting in the free agent pool ... I can't remember all the details, I just know there were enough of them that I've taken a pass, as have some other next-gen owners I know. Some next-gen guys I know have bought the PS2 version because the franchise mode is better, closer to what we expected in last-gen.

If franchise mode has so many issues in 2010, I won't be getting Madden then either. I'm not an online Madden player, so the tightest gameplay in the world won't win me over if franchise mode is messed up.

Minor point, but it'd be nice to have a Super Bowl celebration that rewards you for winning one. I saw video of the Super Bowl celebration and it seemed like the players were worshipping the scoreboard. What's up with the scoreboard obsession in next-gen?

Last edited by BDawg35; 11-29-2008 at 12:57 PM.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:16 PM   #34
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

is there going to be more than one camera angle in '10?

will I be able to use a 'reverse angle' on defense?

a NO answer to either (first one especially) or both means I won't even read reviews and wouldn't waste the bandwith for the demo on xbl. btw, this years demo made me feel worse about the game than if I hadn't played it.
Old 11-29-2008, 02:26 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OJsakila
I'll have to be careful what I say because I'm so new and don't want to get off on a bad foot around here...but I don't understand alot of the negativity going on surrounding this game and the 2010 version. First, there isn't one single video game out there that anyone could say is "perfect." If we're complaining about the online aspects (xbox 360, of course)..yes it's quite glitchy. And my online opponent hardly ever plays realistically like I would prefer, anyway. I can remember spending all day tweaking out Front Page Sports Football and loved that game. But it had to be adjusted to get the favorable results I wanted (realistic stats). Nothing has changed. With Heelfan's slider adjustments I found here (which sold me on the site, by the way), I have a great game. Yes, I see the same idiotic fans all over the stadium and the guy looks like he's out of bounds when he's not but, over all, it's still the best football simulation that's ever come out and 2010 would have to be better. But as long as people play with different philosophies and levels of skills, sliders and the ability to adjust attributes is a great equalizer. The only way they (EA) could screw up 2010 is by getting rid of this option to adjust. Give me more options to adjust and it's a better game. Am I missing something? Why are you guys hating on this game...Especially when you have thousands of posts here...obviously you love football games as much as I do.. We have actual designers of the game posting on a regular basis... What more can you ask for?
I'd be intrested to know what the average age of the posters on this forum is...
I think people are just getting frustrated because so much gets promised each year, yet very little gets done. Granted, the game isn't horrible, but it still is plagued by glitches that have been in there for years. If you were to put '08 against '09 the gameplay is almost identical and that's what's frustrating. This game used to be ground-breaking when we had competition. Now it's the same old thing. Like I said in my previous post, there is no reason to be innovative when there is no competition. Unfortunately, I think this franchise is dead
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2008, 05:39 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
And our early info/news/tweaks since patch#2 dropped concerning '10? Animation tweaks.

There's a long way to go between now and Aug '10 and I hope that the team under your leadership knocks it out of the park next year and all of us gripy consumers eat crow clear to Thanksgiving...I'm just not optimistic.
So obviously as you know I can't talk about new features for at least a few more months. But though those animation tweaks may not be a big deal to you, there are people on here that have griped about unrealistic momentum for years as well, so that actually is a big win for them (and me too since I'm a gameplay purist at heart).
Old 11-29-2008, 05:51 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
So obviously as you know I can't talk about new features for at least a few more months. But though those animation tweaks may not be a big deal to you, there are people on here that have griped about unrealistic momentum for years as well, so that actually is a big win for them (and me too since I'm a gameplay purist at heart).
me too.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:10 PM   #38
Rookie

OJsakila's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
I'm sure you've heard it before but I thinks really unique that you are a part of this community. I've been playing football sims since before most of these people around here were even born (yourself included maybe). What you're doing is a good thing and only good can come of it....
Thanks again for all the hard work you've done and to come. I'm so glad I found this place....

Savannah, GA
Old 11-29-2008, 08:55 PM   #39
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Im feeling really good about Madden 2010 and so should you!

Quote:
I'm sure you've heard it before but I thinks really unique that you are a part of this community. I've been playing football sims since before most of these people around here were even born (yourself included maybe). What you're doing is a good thing and only good can come of it....
Thanks again for all the hard work you've done and to come. I'm so glad I found this place....

I second that wholeheartedly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 11-29-2008, 10:00 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
I'll have to be careful what I say because I'm so new and don't want to get off on a bad foot around here...but I don't understand alot of the negativity going on surrounding this game and the 2010 version. First, there isn't one single video game out there that anyone could say is "perfect." If we're complaining about the online aspects (xbox 360, of course)..yes it's quite glitchy. And my online opponent hardly ever plays realistically like I would prefer, anyway. I can remember spending all day tweaking out Front Page Sports Football and loved that game. But it had to be adjusted to get the favorable results I wanted (realistic stats). Nothing has changed. With Heelfan's slider adjustments I found here (which sold me on the site, by the way), I have a great game. Yes, I see the same idiotic fans all over the stadium and the guy looks like he's out of bounds when he's not but, over all, it's still the best football simulation that's ever come out and 2010 would have to be better. But as long as people play with different philosophies and levels of skills, sliders and the ability to adjust attributes is a great equalizer. The only way they (EA) could screw up 2010 is by getting rid of this option to adjust. Give me more options to adjust and it's a better game. Am I missing something? Why are you guys hating on this game...Especially when you have thousands of posts here...obviously you love football games as much as I do.. We have actual designers of the game posting on a regular basis... What more can you ask for?
I'd be intrested to know what the average age of the posters on this forum is...
Sorry, but I have to strongly disagree with the part I put in bold. Maybe GRAPHICALLY it looks great, but seriously, the gameplay and overall interactions suck as it is now. When people make remarks like this, I just have to think WTH.....I really don't get it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »