Home

Madden 2010 vs. NCAA 2010 Gameplay

This is a discussion on Madden 2010 vs. NCAA 2010 Gameplay within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2008, 04:05 PM   #25
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden 2010 vs. NCAA 2010 Gameplay

Yeah, this one bothers me more than anything currently. Receptions seem too scripted and I HATE the speed burst that a player gets after being lead by a bullet pass. The burst totally kills man coverage and ruined 09 for me. The lead bullet replaced the rocket catch for cheese in 09

More bobbles, ugly and great catches, drops and whatnot would be amazing. We need wide open gameplay in madden....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2008, 04:29 PM   #26
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
We need wide open gameplay in madden....

I'm not sure this approach is necessary in Madden or even wise.

Doesn't the defense in NCAA 09 "cheat" to allow for the wide open gameplay? Isn't that the big gripe? Don't defensive players stop and even run away from the ball carrier to allow for the wide openness? (Yeah, I said wide openness. It's accurate, but it sounds odd.)
Old 12-01-2008, 04:52 PM   #27
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

Well, maybe not exactly what they have, I haven't played NCAA much so I am not to keen on it's issues... What I was getting at was more than 3 outcomes in a reception situation....
Old 12-01-2008, 08:17 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 27

I actually play Madden more because I'm a bigger NFL fan. But as far as experience, NCAA delivers a better one for me for the following reasons:

1. The speed feels more realistic, and it allows for animations to play out more realistically. The speed of Madden sometimes makes you feel like animations are in contention with a speeding train about to make a wreck.

2. NCAA's cutscenes (although there aren't nearly enough) really add to the atmosphere. The whole idea of cutscenes going away was a terrible.... terrible error in judgement and I'm hoping this gets reversed for 2010. You just can't have a TV style broadcast without them.

3. NCAA's custom soundtracks make the game more fun and allow it to feel personalized. I can't believe Madden didn't get this first.

4. NCAA lets me customize my experience a lot more. I can customize players more, customize music, customize weather better (weather controls, combinations that work better, etc.).

5. Scoring TD's is more fun, and I love how the camera changes angles to give respect to the scorer and his teammates celebrating.

... And I hate to say it--and this is a bit off to the side--but night games in NCAA 09 sack Madden 09 for a loss. Check this out... play a game at Georgia (I like their black jerseys myself) at 8:00pm WITH OVERCAST SKIES and then look at that stadium, and look at the grass color and detail. Do the same at USC and Alabama. Absolute perfection. It FEELS like a night game in NCAA 09. Then do the same with Madden 09; you will see that NCAA soundly defeats Madden here.

So... experience, atmosphere, customization and feel is why NCAA has the edge. If NCAA were an NFL game and Madden was still a separate NFL game, I'd be playing NCAA instead without even giving it a second thought.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:29 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 37

Just make franchise mode fun again and maybe we will all play Madden a little more
Old 12-02-2008, 05:18 AM   #30
Rookie

Blkcanes's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm new to this site but I'll still give my take on NCAA and Madden game play. EA needs to figure out a way to actually make a CB make a play on the ball behind the WR. Example I run a five yard come and the Corner is back peddling he should be able to eight times out of ten bat the ball down like we see in real life not just stand behind him waiting for him to catch the ball and tackle. That goes for both Madden and NCAA and in NCAA there are times you throw comebacks and the Wr stands there waiting for the ball and just complete move out the way I understand thinking of where your going to run before you catch the ball but can he at least do it when the ball hits his hands not five yards before it reaches him then that leaves the Cb behind him with a super easy pick.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »