Home

Have a laugh on me!

This is a discussion on Have a laugh on me! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2008, 06:41 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Have a laugh on me!

And I thought I was the whitest guy on the dancefloor...
Old 11-28-2008, 06:45 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 28

Fan animations..Ian...whats up buddy? Care to explain this some? PLease tell me you guys are incorpereating last gen presentation things to the next gen platform. Man, I am getting very excited...one question and hopefully its not too early to tell. I actually liked tom hammond as a commentary. I have heard him before and hes not bad, it was just that you can tell not a whole lot was done with him in the studio in comparison to collinsworth. Chris they had as more fluid and strung together audio clips where as tom was like a last min kind of audio and it sounded robotic and joe montana sportstalk footballish. IS tom staying and a lot more done with him or is he replaced?
Old 11-28-2008, 06:56 PM   #11
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Awesome stuff Ian.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2008, 07:21 PM   #12
Rookie

OJsakila's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
And I thought I was the whitest guy on the dancefloor...

They call me "Chalk."

Savannah, GA
Old 11-28-2008, 07:53 PM   #13
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

So, when can we expect you on "Dancing with the stars?"
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 11-28-2008, 10:38 PM   #14
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookie48
Fan animations..Ian...whats up buddy? Care to explain this some? PLease tell me you guys are incorpereating last gen presentation things to the next gen platform. Man, I am getting very excited...one question and hopefully its not too early to tell. I actually liked tom hammond as a commentary. I have heard him before and hes not bad, it was just that you can tell not a whole lot was done with him in the studio in comparison to collinsworth. Chris they had as more fluid and strung together audio clips where as tom was like a last min kind of audio and it sounded robotic and joe montana sportstalk footballish. IS tom staying and a lot more done with him or is he replaced?
It seemed to me that Hammond did a lot of voiceover work, but Collinsworth sounded 100x better because he is mainly giving generic comments about a player. They don't necessarily have to be context-specific. Hammond is the play-by-play guy, and probably had to record at least double the audio Chris did; and then it all gets spliced together in-game. That's where it comes off as robotic, in the splicing together. But EA knows that, I don't want to start a "thing" about it.

---

On-topic...imagine a whole row of crowd members just dancing after a TD. The player comes over to celebrate, and the crowd is so busying busting a move, they just ignore the player.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:05 AM   #15
Rookie

bigwig's Arena

OVR: 2

Hey Ian what would you consider sideline animations? low impact or high impact moves, I would love to see dynamic breakaway sideline animations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2008, 01:14 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 11

Pretty cool. Also, it'd be cool to see coaches/players on the sideline running down the field with a guy that has an empty field ahead of him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »