Home

Have a laugh on me!

This is a discussion on Have a laugh on me! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2008, 05:31 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 52
Have a laugh on me!

from The Future on Vimeo.

Yep, that's me...acting like a goon in our new mocap suit. It started off as fan animations, but then I said to hell with it...when's the last time you HAVEN'T seen some idiot dancing at a football game?

As for the suit, it definitely has it's limitations...mainly that it can't be used very reliably for high movement or high impact moves (i.e. falls, tackles, routes, etc), but it can be used for a lot of other low impact moves like fan moves or post play reactions or pre-play stuff or what have you. It's not typical mocap with cameras...the sensors are all embedded in the suit and it wirelessly transmits back to the software:

Moven.jpg

Anyways, exciting stuff...we don't have to fly to Vancouver any more to capture a player transitioning from a jog to a 3 point stance!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2008, 05:44 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Have a laugh on me!

Looking forward to what you and your team come up with! Happy to see that fan animations are being discussed. Can't wait for the Sunday NFL TV experience!
Old 11-28-2008, 05:45 PM   #3
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

ha ha AWESOME stuff!

getting jiggy with it, for sure

happy T-giving Ian
Old 11-28-2008, 05:53 PM   #4
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Anyways, exciting stuff...we don't have to fly to Vancouver any more to capture a player transitioning from a jog to a 3 point stance!

Without commenting on your (ahem) moves, the above statement is great news. I really expect a massive increase in the quantity of animations in Madden 2010.

The new suit and the elimination of the need to travel to Vancouver should allow for more experimentation. For instance, people should really try to mimic the unique physical movements of the head coaches for the sideline animations. (Gruden can be much more animated than the usual coach.)

Thanks for sharing, Ian. You look like you're having a lot of fun, and that's a good thing!
Old 11-28-2008, 05:55 PM   #5
MVP

Garrett67's Arena

OVR: 20

I would have a BLAST with that thing.

Xbox 360: Garrett67
Playstation: Bean1967
Steam: Axemaster5150
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2008, 06:05 PM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Ahh man, you're a brave soul sharing that. That was freaking awesome. You've got some moves man.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 11-28-2008, 06:15 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 11

So you said it can't be used reliably, but it can be used? Obviously this means that the little things should no longer be a problem in the animations anymore, meaning that you can focus better on the big things you need to fly somewhere to do. Meaning that there will be more little things and better common things! Sweet.
24-8 Madden 12 Record.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:17 PM   #8
Rookie

OJsakila's Arena

OVR: 5

Wow. The lead designer for Madden is a "regular poster" around here?! Where the hell have I been?! This is the greatest Madden site. Thank you everybody for a real treat. I have learned so much since discovering this place. Alot of other Madden sites are filled up with 12 year olds yelling at each other....Thank Goodness for Operation Sports.

Great post, by the way.

Savannah, GA

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »