Home

having problems running the ball

This is a discussion on having problems running the ball within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2008, 09:55 PM   #1
Rookie

broman007's Arena

OVR: 3
having problems running the ball

Hey guys, I was using heelfan's sliders and had a lot of success running the ball (I play with the colts on franchise). I was averaging around 135 yds on 15-20 carries with Addai, However, I was allowing like 50 yds/game and I felt I was cheating. So I decided to play on my skill level. Now I can barely get 70 yds a game on close to 30 carries, but the computer gets around 120 a game. Im trying to get it balanced enough to where its average and i was wondering if anyone out there had any kind of suggestions......thanks guys!!!

R.I.P. Bernie Mac, Issac Hayes, and "Sho'nuff" Julius Carry III
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2008, 10:12 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 37
Re: having problems running the ball

I feel your pain. I really dislike the running game in 09. I don't use IQ but rather use my own custom setting. The CPu running game in NCAA and Madden ias very, very poor.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:12 PM   #3
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

idk, just keep practicing. u definitely can't run when they're stacking the line with defenders, but personally, i usually hold the AI to like 50 yards rushing and the rush defense thing is all the way up for my iq.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:29 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have discussed this with a lot of people and its your running style, change it. Patient and wait for your blocks, if you are nailing down sprint as soon as you get the ball forget about it. Stiff arms, jukes, trucking, get a break and then lay on the speed, but follow the blocks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »