Home

should i get 09?

This is a discussion on should i get 09? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2008, 07:13 PM   #25
MVP

Stroehms's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: should i get 09?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckhoss29
No, actually I will sell you mine lol. I can't get past halftime ever. I get to halftime just fine and then I get dirty disc error all the time. I don't get this with my other games. I have even put it on my hard drive from 360 but that doesn't help. At this point I am ready to reformat my hard drive and lose all my saves from other games just to see if that might work.
Why don't you just rent the game from a local renting place, see if their game works and if so, switch them out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2008, 03:52 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

I would suggest going ahead and purchasing the game. Its pretty solid, but really lacks in the immersion area. Presentation does not exist AT ALL, but its decent.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:32 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrisguitar
i am thinking of getting this, its only £25 at shopto. and i am in the mood for an nfl game.

I want a few answers to some questions before i can properly decide. also your overall opinion on the game would be very welcome too .

1: what has the patch changed? apart from online things (as i dont play online)
2: are there now AI sliders? its what stopped me from buying originally.
3: is there a way to have fun on defense? i always found it way too boring even in nfl 2k5. but i only ever played in the d-line. should i play a different def. position to have more fun and hopefully more impact on defense?

basically thats it. if i can change and customize slider. have fun on defense, and it doesn't have too many offline glitches, then i think i will probably buy it.

hope you can help

-
Idris
this game is a RENT GAME.

after 3-4 games it wears off and becomes stale & boring.

go pick up apf 2k8 for 10 bucks at gamestop or circuit city.

if you played madden 06, 07, 08 for 360/ps3 then you have already played madden 09.

never buy another madden, just RENT 1st then if you like it buy it USED!!!
Old 12-04-2008, 05:22 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

IMO its not all that bad. I guess I am not sure what people are expecting. Coming from Atari 2600 days I am easily impressed. I did like ESPN when it came out but for me its football, yeah ok its buggy but its part of putting the game together. Its never going to be perfect to everyone's liking, it will never happen. I say buy just because it is a collectors item but thats just me. If its football I will play it.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:06 PM   #29
Rookie

OJsakila's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRSD
this game is a RENT GAME.

after 3-4 games it wears off and becomes stale & boring.

go pick up apf 2k8 for 10 bucks at gamestop or circuit city.

if you played madden 06, 07, 08 for 360/ps3 then you have already played madden 09.

never buy another madden, just RENT 1st then if you like it buy it USED!!!
Wow. You are some piece of work. I have followed your posts and almost every one is negative towards EA and Madden 09. You obviously don't like the game and recommend NEVER buying the product.

My question is, why, after some 400+ posts do you continue with the same old hashed out blabber mouthing, hen pecking crap of yours? Isn't it time you went somewhere else and just gave the rest of us a break? Tell me exactly why you continue to put yourself (and us) through your agonizing misery and hatred for everything Madden ? If you're some teenager...then I guess it's par for the course. But if you are an adult then one must question your intellect and why you continue to do something that you so obviously cannot stand? I hate to be rude but, frankly, I'm offended at some of your comments and certainly those about Ian and the developers...

Savannah, GA
Old 12-05-2008, 02:25 PM   #30
Rookie

BrownsFan72's Arena

OVR: 18

I would rent it first. The game is not aweful but it is boring after a few games and does nothing new after a few games. I find myself straining to pay attention while I play because it is boring. Im not sure if boring is even the word...The game does not draw you in and make you feel like your in a fight it feels like it is going through the motions.

Last edited by BrownsFan72; 12-05-2008 at 02:29 PM.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:41 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroehmerbasebal
Why don't you just rent the game from a local renting place, see if their game works and if so, switch them out.

I am on copy number 3
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »