Home

Redzone Fade Route...Any input from Ian would be great.

This is a discussion on Redzone Fade Route...Any input from Ian would be great. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2008, 07:46 PM   #17
Rookie

Blkcanes's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Redzone Fade Route...Any input from Ian would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven
I'm sure they do know about that, but when they put that stuff in, and a lot of other realistic movements and physics people start complaining because the learning curve increases a lot, instead of just "the QB hikes the ball, you back pedal, QB throws the ball behind you, you turn around on the dime while running the other way full speed and pick the ball off " .. the majority of Madden "fans" want that, and the minority that want it to not be so simple like that is .. well, us.
Very true. But I wish it was football is not an easy game I would love that but like you said most would not.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:35 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 6

The fade route could only be realistic, if EA implements a "gather" feature similar to what they have done with NBA Live's dunk contest. It has to be timing based all the way to cut down on what could be super cheesy/cheating. EA would have to take into account the heights of the players involved, their respective jump ratings, and the timing of the gather/jump/thrown ball. That is IMO, the only way EA could do it without making it either unstoppable cheese, or having it totally unrealistic by having Plaxico Burress or Brandon Marshall being out jumped by Ellis Hobbs. The "gather" is a must to keep the feature legit and realistic, or atleast some type of jump meter that must be filled up and timed right. Timing, timing, timing.......

And EA HAS to do something about the super safetys, and have to have a wider variety of arcs on thrown balls or fades won't work.

Last edited by CubsNBroncos; 12-03-2008 at 10:57 PM.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:49 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 28

Yep, take a look in my arena at the chad johnson video I have in there. ABouth the 1:55 mark or so. Thats whtat needs to happen. Although, I was playing NCAA and I had a sweet fade route that I threw after the pump fake( I was maryland) And I did switch to being the reciever as I always do (the real fun is being the one who makes the play instead of the CPU) and he did this jump high, catch the ball at the highest point while falling back and managed to click a heel in the corner of the endzone to score on what was a phenominal 35 yard play. I have it as a highlight and will post it on sportworld tommorrow. But we needs way more of this.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:00 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

The sluggo would be nice to. See: Plaxico Burress's game winning catch in the superbowl.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:54 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmulk
I work with guys in television production that don't watch television.
you work for FOX don't you?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2008, 05:52 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmulk
I work with guys in television production that don't watch television.

Obvious by the crap thats produced on TV today...yeah I'm lookin at you Madden Nation
Old 12-04-2008, 10:14 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 6

I hate those two words: "Madden Nation". Bunch of cheeser gangsta wannabes.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:52 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 9

I'm really liking this idea of a "gather" feature, probly because Live 05 owned my soul back in 7th grade lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »