Home

Ian or Phil - What are your Thoughts on a Play Editor?

This is a discussion on Ian or Phil - What are your Thoughts on a Play Editor? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 03:14 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Ian or Phil - What are your Thoughts on a Play Editor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Frazier_EA
My thought on a play editor is that I love the idea. I actually designed the play editor that was in our PS2 and Xbox products. I had help of course but I owned that one.

Designing a play editor is complicated. Compared to other features, it's actually a very involved process. It's also a HUGE bug generator and play balance concern.

Let me ask this question. Would you rather have a play editor built into the game that basically matches the Head Coach game or would you rather have something on the web, that allowed better control and customization options?

Phil
Considering the majority of users of a play editor would be hardcore players, I'd rather have it on the web for better control and customization. Just make sure this would never be allowed during ranked online games
Old 12-05-2008, 03:27 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
My thought on a play editor is that I love the idea. I actually designed the play editor that was in our PS2 and Xbox products. I had help of course but I owned that one.

Designing a play editor is complicated. Compared to other features, it's actually a very involved process. It's also a HUGE bug generator and play balance concern.

Let me ask this question. Would you rather have a play editor built into the game that basically matches the Head Coach game or would you rather have something on the web, that allowed better control and customization options?

Phil

I would love to have the very same one from last gen. It was great, just maybe a few upgrades now that i think about it.

um better blocking A.I and blitzing/dely blitzing options....

P.S Make it glitch free so online (ranked) gaming with a true custom playbook would be possible and fair

Last edited by StonesRunIt; 12-05-2008 at 03:29 PM.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:49 PM   #11
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

Phil
Never played Head Coach, but I'd take one similar to what Madden has in the past. I'd hate having to use the web since my computer and console would be no where near each other.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:53 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think a play editor and being able to make your own playbooks would be great. And definitely incorporate into online, why not? Isn't that whats its all about? creating plays to the strength of the players and teams. I can see where this would take some major testing and time though but love the thought
Old 12-05-2008, 03:54 PM   #13
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

I don't know about the play editor, but I would like the ability to take my favorite formations from each playbook and consolidate it to one playbook. I LOVE this feature in current-gen NCAA and I don't know why it hasn't made it into this gen yet!
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 12-05-2008, 03:59 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
I don't know about the play editor, but I would like the ability to take my favorite formations from each playbook and consolidate it to one playbook. I LOVE this feature in current-gen NCAA and I don't know why it hasn't made it into this gen yet!
Yes, yes yes. If we can't get a play editor, at LEAST do this.
I have trouble finding a playbook I like because it leaves out another formation that I want. Therefore I'm always torn.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:01 PM   #15
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Would you rather have a play editor built into the game that basically matches the Head Coach game or would you rather have something on the web, that allowed better control and customization options?

On the web.

It would be amazing - and actually a lot easier - to edit plays over the web. It would be fantastic to be able to use a mouse and keyboard for this.

Also, if a play editor doesn't make it into next year's game, Madden really needs the option to at least edit playbooks by adding or removing plays.

Last edited by FootballDetails; 12-05-2008 at 04:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2008, 04:27 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:

Phil
A web-based editor that could be incorporated and downloaded into EVERY Madden game mode would be cool.

But if you guys just add it for Exhibition modes, then it's not worth it.

It should be linked to our player profiles so we can use our own playbooks anywhere in the game, including online.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »