Home

Ian or Phil - What are your Thoughts on a Play Editor?

This is a discussion on Ian or Phil - What are your Thoughts on a Play Editor? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 07:52 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 23
Re: Ian or Phil - What are your Thoughts on a Play Editor?

My problems with Madden's playbooks is that they are far too small.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:58 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
My problems with Madden's playbooks is that they are far too small.

Especially defense. Not enough variety from team to team in terms of fronts and coverages. That's primarily the reason I want a play editor.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:07 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 27

I'm not fond of the idea of paying for things that should've been in this game for years. Sure, adding this right now may cause a problem but had they been working on it for years to get it ready then there would be no problem.

Anyway, if it has to be either or at this point then okay it is what it is, but if it can be included in the game then it should be. No paying extra for it.

Once we start going down the road of paying for stuff like this, there will likely be no return and that won't be good for the consumer. EA needs to be adding more out-of-the-box value to the game we're buying off the shelves. It costs enough and they are certainly making way more than enough money already. We've all stuck with this franchise in what are now certainly its darkest days. We deserve every perk possible for doing that, lol.

I wanna see them discontinue all the side projects (games like NFL Tour-Street, Head Coach, mobile Madden's, and yes even the Wii version which hasn't done well sales-wise from day one) and pool those personnel/knowledge resources into Madden for 360/PS3. Now it looks like they're beginning to do that especially with some guys from Head Coach coming over to work on Madden 2010. But we need this to last long term.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2008, 06:22 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 6

I agree with the majority of people on this one. I don't mind the HC editor but I don't like that all of the created plays are grouped together. I'd prefer them to be grouped by formation. Online or offline doesn't matter as much as the freedom to use it anywhere in the game. Last point of agreement is at the very least I think we should be able to create a playbook like the previous console games so long as we would still be able to get quick access to sub packages.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:36 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 37

Let's just get the Head Coach version into 2010. Once it's in then changes and improvements can be made in future versions. We always hear about limited development time in the production cycle...???
Old 12-08-2008, 03:51 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
Let's just get the Head Coach version into 2010. Once it's in then changes and improvements can be made in future versions. We always hear about limited development time in the production cycle...???

screw that, the Head Coach one pales in comparison to the last-gen version....Im tired of the excuses, especially when they already have an outstanding base to build upon( last gen).
Old 12-08-2008, 05:05 PM   #39
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Especially defense. Not enough variety from team to team in terms of fronts and coverages. That's primarily the reason I want a play editor.
For me it's more about the pure lack of blitz/stunt/coverage combinations. No tier play calling makes a play editor that much more necessary.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:59 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Frazier_EA

Let me ask this question. Would you rather have a play editor built into the game that basically matches the Head Coach game or would you rather have something on the web, that allowed better control and customization options?

Phil
How about both?......
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »