Home

Ian or Phil - What are your Thoughts on a Play Editor?

This is a discussion on Ian or Phil - What are your Thoughts on a Play Editor? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Pushed to Mid-October - More Details Revealed
NASCAR 21: Ignition Announced, Releases on October 28 - Trailer & Some Details Revealed
FIFA 22 Career Mode Deep Dive: What's in and What's Not
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 01:20 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 23
Re: Ian or Phil - What are your Thoughts on a Play Editor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpezzano
Anyone remember the editor from the FPSFB games, seems to me if you wanted something more complex like that it would have to be web based.
Definitely. I'd really like something like that. I'd like to be able to make triple options though, which was about the only thing you couldn't do in that editor.
Old 12-13-2008, 03:35 AM   #50
MVP

OVR: 37

You bring back custom play books and I might buy Madden games again... until then I will stick with NCAA football.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:02 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
No doubt!!! I am so sick of being forced to use team "x" or team "y" playbook. PLEASE at least give us a custom playbook option in franchise mode!
Yes! I mean, seriously!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2009, 09:59 PM   #52
Pro

OVR: 10

Im going against the grain here and simple feel like we shouldnt need it. If Ea just blows out the amount of plays and formations and gives us multiple amounts of defensive fronts. Just give us the ability to take the formations/Fronts/Stunts/ect...... And add them into are own customizable playbook.

The only reason I am not a big fan of play editor is because the AI will never be smart enough to keep up with some of the crazy formations and plays that we can come up with. It's a cheesy exploit way of getting the edge on the cpu or humans dumb AI.

If its the only way for us to get an insane amount of different defensive fronts/twists/stunts/blitz packages then its a easy YES. But I think EA should set asside a team to give us all these goodies so that we would not have to do it ourselves.

Offensively we need more variations of blocks. Traps,cut blocks,cross blocks/zone blocking/ ect..... Its football we should see all kinds of different ways to block. Again if its something EA cant do then Yes we need a player editor so we can atleast do it. But again there should be a team who studies football and understands these things.

Last edited by kmart2180; 02-24-2009 at 10:42 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:13 PM   #53
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart2180
The only reason I am not a big fan of play editor is because the AI will never be smart enough to keep up with some of the crazy formations and plays that we can come up with. It's a cheesy exploit wasy of getting the edge on the cpu or humans dumb AI.
Well then you don't have to use it.

Not to sound combative, but just because you don't want to create your own plays shouldn't mean that the rest of the Madden community has to be denied the option of creating their own plays and formations.

Personally, I don't care if there are referees on the field or not, and I think that the time spent on putting refs in the game with A.I. good enough to keep them from getting in the way would be better spent elsewhere. But I'm not openly campaigning against having them put into the game because I know many people do care about seeing referees on the field.

I hope you understand where I'm coming from, not all of us are searching for new and creative ways to exploit the A.I.. Some of us just desperately want the create-a-play/create-a-formation option back in the game to further personalize our gaming experience .
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.

Last edited by DLaren; 02-24-2009 at 10:19 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:32 PM   #54
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
I don't know about the play editor, but I would like the ability to take my favorite formations from each playbook and consolidate it to one playbook. I LOVE this feature in current-gen NCAA and I don't know why it hasn't made it into this gen yet!
I would LOVE to see this too! Please put this in the game guys!
Old 02-24-2009, 10:43 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 5

i would love to make a defensive play having six linebackers and 2 lineman. the ravens you those unorthodox formation when they play defense and i hope it could be intergrated into madden 10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2009, 10:43 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 15

I agree with an earlier poster in that The playbook should at a minimum be editable in terms of formations like last gen NCAA. That was a great feature.

The HC play editor did pale in comparison to last years play editor. I couldnt believe that but it did. And it was buggy as hell, a lot of plays would work great in practice and you coulnt even get a handoff in the actual game.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »