Home

Ian or Phil - What are your Thoughts on a Play Editor?

This is a discussion on Ian or Phil - What are your Thoughts on a Play Editor? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Pushed to Mid-October - More Details Revealed
NBA 2K22 Review: The Best 2K Game in Years
FIFA 22 First Impressions
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 10:55 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: Ian or Phil - What are your Thoughts on a Play Editor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Frazier_EA
Would you rather have a play editor built into the game that basically matches the Head Coach game or would you rather have something on the web, that allowed better control and customization options?

Phil
By 'web customization' would that be Franchise Stat tracking?
Old 02-24-2009, 11:02 PM   #58
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren

I hope you understand where I'm coming from, not all of us are searching for new and creative ways to exploit the A.I.. Some of us just desperately want the create-a-play/create-a-formation option back in the game to further personalize our gaming experience .
I understand where you are coming from. But what Im saying is I'd rather them spend the time blowing out (giving us an insane amount) of new formations/Defensive fronts/Blitz packages ect.... so we would not have to rely on a play editor for it.

For me I dont want it to be the easy road out of not adding all the goods to the game, and instead making us have to create are own. I'd rather the time be spent on the game and not on something that we have to do once we get the game.

And its not that Im not for it. Its more that I'd prefer the gameplay be up to par before adding it. What good does designing this amazing blitz play when the Offensive line AI has no clue how to stop it? I mean I would prefer not to come up with a situation like this, but other's might . I just would like to see that the gameplay is up to the task to handle it before it being there.

What would be the point of not using it if it was there? Kinda would make no sense. Im just saying if it is gonna be there then make the AI good enough to understand it. There's gotta be a defense against what you can create fomation wise/play wise.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:55 AM   #59
cdj
Rookie

OVR: 10

Madden 10 will have a formation & play creator.....at least between the PSP & PS3:

"The third party support for PSP will continue throughout the year with a
stellar line up of titles from EA SPORTS. Madden NFL 10 will enable NFL fans
to build their own formations and plays from scratch on the PSP. Then, through
connectivity with the PS3, the plays can be downloaded and perfected on the
console. In addition, Madden NFL 10 will deliver a faster and more "PSP-
friendly" gameplay experience to adapt to the PSP owner's lifestyle. And for
the golf fans out there, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR(R) 10 will allow gamers to
experience the drama of major golf tournaments with revamped gameplay modes
for on and offline play. Look for more EA SPORTS titles to be announced for
the PSP this year."

Link: http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/s...e,727537.shtml
Old 02-25-2009, 07:44 AM   #60
Banned

OVR: 16

please do NOT allow this cheesey mess online.

wheres the ravens crazy defensive plays?
the steelers exotic 3-4 zone schemes?
the giants using 3-4 defensive ends?
the eagles with their heavy blitz schemes?

none of this is replicated in madden with any authenticity

play editor is a cover up for lack of good oline/dline interaction AND a lack of TEAM SPECIFIC PLAYBOOKS.

fix the gameplay then you wont have a need for creating plays and making madden even more of a cheese-fest.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:18 AM   #61
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:

Let me ask this question. Would you rather have a play editor built into the game that basically matches the Head Coach game or would you rather have something on the web, that allowed better control and customization options?

Phil
I'd rather have something on the web; the more options,the better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2009, 02:16 PM   #62
Underdog

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sim God
play editor is a cover up for lack of good oline/dline interaction AND a lack of TEAM SPECIFIC PLAYBOOKS.

fix the gameplay then you wont have a need for creating plays and making madden even more of a cheese-fest.
On the contrary, adding create-a-playbook and create-a-play into Madden will add to the game a practical customization option that the game is sorely missing (vs. aesthetic customization options such as player equipment, team uniforms, etc. which I'm all in favor of but don't fundamentally change the way the game is played).

Created playbooks supplement the additional available playbooks and allow users to draw up their own offensive and defensive schemes to try out against the in-game opposition they will face.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:05 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 7

... what's so wrong about having a playbook editor at least for franchise mode?
Old 03-29-2009, 09:52 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 22

Quote:
My thought on a play editor is that I love the idea. I actually designed the play editor that was in our PS2 and Xbox products. I had help of course but I owned that one.

Designing a play editor is complicated. Compared to other features, it's actually a very involved process. It's also a HUGE bug generator and play balance concern.

Let me ask this question. Would you rather have a play editor built into the game that basically matches the Head Coach game or would you rather have something on the web, that allowed better control and customization options?

Phil
I'm pretty sure that if most of the features including the play editor from head coach was in madden 10, im sure you guys'll make A LOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTT of people EXTREMELY HAPPY.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »