Home

Open Letter to Peter Moore, EA Sports President

This is a discussion on Open Letter to Peter Moore, EA Sports President within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2008, 03:07 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Open Letter to Peter Moore, EA Sports President

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I agree up to a point.

You do have other choices.

You can rent the horse or you don't have to ride the horse. We can always walk, ride the bus, take the train, etc.......
His car analogy was perfect in the USA 95% of us need a car to get on with everyday life. Now obviously we dont need an NFL game to live, but if we do have to get an NFL game our only choice is EA, whether we buy, rent or other regardless we only have ONE choice! I understand what your saying, dont buy the game rent it! But again even if I do only rent it Im stuck with that same crappy choice!

PLEASE HOLD OF YOU EA APOLOGIST for calling your beloved game crappy Im not talking about you Roadman in particular!

EDIT: The perfect example is EA SPORTS look how bad LIVE and FIFA were and because of COMPETITION, those two game have improved light years over what they were. Honestly do you think if NBA2k and Winning Seven Eleven (or whatever the heck its called) were not around we would still have the same crappy Live and Fifa? Let me go ahead and answer that for you........ See Madden , EA flagship title has gone BACKWARDS!!!! Why well regardless of what 'they' feed you its because there is no competition, so they can add all these so called new features when ever and how ever they want.
Bottom line is ......(Time to beat the dead horse) the root of all of this is the exclusive deal Period anyone who thinks other wise has thier head deeeeeeeeeep into the sand!

Last edited by Ram209; 12-09-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2008, 03:14 PM   #26
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
His car analogy was perfect in the USA 95% of us need a car to get on with everyday life. Now obviously we dont need an NFL game to live, but if we do have to get an NFL game our only choice is EA, whether we buy, rent or other regardless we only have ONE choice! I understand what your saying, dont buy the game rent it! But again even if I do only rent it Im stuck with that same crappy choice!

PLEASE HOLD OF YOU EA APOLOGIST for calling your beloved game crappy Im not talking about you Roadman in particular!
Its not Valid at all because he is basically saying there are no other Video games and Madden has literally no competition at all. Madden has to Make a better game if they want new Madden players, old Madden players, and people who might otherwise wait until another game.

Madden has to make strides this year because if this Madden follows the same tired path it has for the past 4-5 years, It will be the first madden in awhile that did not sell as well as the year before. Keep in Mind, there will be no Madden for the Ps2 and Xbox this year, so they really need to hit a homerun this year.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:18 PM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Its not Valid at all because he is basically saying there are no other Video games and Madden has literally no competition at all. Madden has to Make a better game if they want new Madden players, old Madden players, and people who might otherwise wait until another game.

Madden has to make strides this year because if this Madden follows the same tired path it has for the past 4-5 years, It will be the first madden in awhile that did not sell as well as the year before. Keep in Mind, there will be no Madden for the Ps2 and Xbox this year, so they really need to hit a homerun this year.
I really hope your right! I hope the same thing does not happen, millions fall for the hype go out for the midnight release and then well............ rinse repeat the same cycle
Old 12-09-2008, 03:27 PM   #28
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

EDIT: The perfect example is EA SPORTS look how bad LIVE and FIFA were and because of COMPETITION, those two game have improved light years over what they were. Honestly do you think if NBA2k and Winning Seven Eleven (or whatever the heck its called) were not around we would still have the same crappy Live and Fifa? Let me go ahead and answer that for you........ See Madden , EA flagship title has gone BACKWARDS!!!! Why well regardless of what 'they' feed you its because there is no competition, so they can add all these so called new features when ever and how ever they want.
Bottom line is ......(Time to beat the dead horse) the root of all of this is the exclusive deal Period anyone who thinks other wise has thier head deeeeeeeeeep into the sand!
Baa, not a thread goes by with the good old extremist 2k using the old exclusive license deal. j/k, couldn't let that one go. (not you in particular Ram)

Actually, if you used the exclusive license apology, 2k has the exclusive license for baseball except they have competition with Sony and 2k keeps laying an egg in that game.

It's a wait and see game with Madden 10, but it's way too early to bury it.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:31 PM   #29
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
I really hope your right! I hope the same thing does not happen, millions fall for the hype go out for the midnight release and then well............ rinse repeat the same cycle
For me, In game presentation is my #1 this year. If I do not see a dramatic change for presentation and Franchise, I will rent it. I always buy madden but Tiburon needs to show me dramatic changed.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:32 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan

I'm saying that Madden has no competition at all when it comes to NFL football. The game of football is also available on "The Blitz" but its not NFL football. The current players and teams are all owned by EA so thats what im talking about. Competition improves products. Thats all i was getting at.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:33 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It's a wait and see game with Madden 10, but it's way too early to bury it.
Very true but given EA's track record Im going to bury it until they prove otherwise, and I think we (the community) have earned that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2008, 03:44 PM   #32
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Very true but given EA's track record Im going to bury it until they prove otherwise, and I think we (the community) have earned that
No problems at all with that analogy. I would happen to agree with that except the only difference in this next edition vs past NG offerings is that it appears we have the ears of the new leaders. Again, only time will tell where that leads us.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »