Home

Old 01-28-2009, 07:08 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: EA layoffs

And EA felt bad putting all the NFL 2K5 people out of jobs? For some reason I don't think they did... Could be wrong but when they signed the contract do you think the image of all those people going home to their families and telling them they didn't know how they would pay the bills was running through their minds?
Old 01-28-2009, 07:11 PM   #18
Life is short Pray hard!

Sundropjunkie's Arena

OVR: 12

Yeah being laid off bites the big one. i have been laid off since nov 24th and i have a wife and 2 kids,also a 600 dollar mortgage. i have been filling in app EVERYWHERE no luck yet i even put some for hardees,mc d's still waiting. come this fri we get our income tax. that will hold us for a short while but not forever

Baltimore Ravens
Tennessee Volunteers,USC,Oregon
Atlanta Braves
Chicago Bulls

GT: Sundropjunkie
Old 01-28-2009, 08:09 PM   #19
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauk
It is and it is apart of life. Just like my old profession if someone was better I lost my job. Same thing goes in any area. So I am hoping that they fill out the lost ones with people that actually know what they are doing.

You know the old saying, Lifes a Bitch
These people aren't losing their jobs because someone is "better" than them.

I think that's what you need to remember.

Twitch Stream
Old 01-28-2009, 08:42 PM   #20
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTown
And EA felt bad putting all the NFL 2K5 people out of jobs? For some reason I don't think they did... Could be wrong but when they signed the contract do you think the image of all those people going home to their families and telling them they didn't know how they would pay the bills was running through their minds?
Ahh...your theme is becoming clearer to me...lol.

For the record, the crew that worked on 2K5 didn't get fired when Madden got the license

Plus, I'm pretty sure (and that is my sarcastic way of saying completely sure...lol) that the people being laid off by EA aren't the "evil suits" responsible for the licensing deal.

getting fired is a part of life, but to revel in someone else's misfortune is even more saddening than the firings themselves
Old 01-28-2009, 10:38 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Ahh...your theme is becoming clearer to me...lol.

For the record, the crew that worked on 2K5 didn't get fired when Madden got the license

Plus, I'm pretty sure (and that is my sarcastic way of saying completely sure...lol) that the people being laid off by EA aren't the "evil suits" responsible for the licensing deal.

getting fired is a part of life, but to revel in someone else's misfortune is even more saddening than the firings themselves
Not reveling in it just saying what I believe to be true. I honestly don't think anyone was upset over what happened at 2K... Oh an do you honestly think when 2K5 shut down that EVERY one of those programers kept their jobs?
Do you like arguing with me? lol...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2009, 10:44 PM   #22
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTown
Not reveling in it just saying what I believe to be true. I honestly don't think anyone was upset over what happened at 2K... Oh an do you honestly think when 2K5 shut down that EVERY one of those programers kept their jobs?
Do you like arguing with me? lol...

Nah...my last comment was for those making the "about time" comments."

And I'm sure that eventually those programmers lost their jobs, I just don't recall any losing them due to that instance.

Oh, and don't feel special...I like arguing with everyone I think is wrong about something...lol...j/k
Old 01-28-2009, 11:55 PM   #23
All Star

OVR: 33

Sigh. This has nothing to do with 2k5.

It is sad in this time of economic unrest that people are losing their jobs.

Hope they get back on their feet , is all thats really need to be said.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »