Home

I usually dispise thread like this.

This is a discussion on I usually dispise thread like this. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2008, 11:05 AM   #9
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: I usually dispise thread like this.

Buy it if your into online play. Don't even rent it if your a franchise/owner mode type of guy. Imo, outside of head-to-head games online, everything else about this game is broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 12-13-2008, 11:09 AM   #10
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: I usually dispise thread like this.

the gameplay is solid, but the franchise mode is average at best and game is extremely boring. The lack of presentation and "atmosphere" really hampers this game.

I suggest renting the game before dropping money on it.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-13-2008, 11:13 AM   #11
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Thanks for the responses. Overall how it the gameplay? I could probably look past the lack of atmosphere because I am used to it from previous Maddens. It can't be any worse. Also I can just blast my surround sound.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2008, 11:21 AM   #12
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Thanks for the responses. Overall how it the gameplay? I could probably look past the lack of atmosphere because I am used to it from previous Maddens. It can't be any worse. Also I can just blast my surround sound.
the gameplay is solid with a few bumps in the road, most notably being the insane accuracy of the QB. Also, some odd moments like the cpu punting when in field goal range and then there is the fatigue issue and the inability of the cpu to challenge plays.

If you can look past the boring atmosphere, then you could probably enjoy the game.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-13-2008, 02:42 PM   #13
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

What about this replay thing? I read somewhere that you can replay any play after it is over. Is that true? If so that would help to make the game more realistic. In other words this would prevent countless 3rd and long conversions if you could just use a mulligan.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:41 PM   #14
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

I would say not to buy the game. I sold mine after the final patch came out and I realized at least for me I would never be happy with it. In fact, as long as you have 08 keep playing that because at least 08 has the cpu sliders (which 09 doesn't). If 09 had the cpu sliders I would say it would have definitely been worth it but as it is now I would say a big NO to buying it.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:43 PM   #15
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
the gameplay is solid, but the franchise mode is average at best and game is extremely boring. The lack of presentation and "atmosphere" really hampers this game.

I suggest renting the game before dropping money on it.
The gameplay is not solid, the receivers warp to the ball when being lead makes man coverage useless and is a game killer for me. I can deal with boring presentation, average franchise, but not bad gameplay. And warping players was a game killer for me...

Viva la ps2!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2008, 04:50 PM   #16
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
The gameplay is not solid, the receivers warp to the ball when being lead makes man coverage useless and is a game killer for me. I can deal with boring presentation, average franchise, but not bad gameplay. And warping players was a game killer for me...

Viva la ps2!
I second that: buy the ps2/xbox version if you still have a ps2/xbox (I am being totally serious).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »