Home

Anyone else going old-school Madden?

This is a discussion on Anyone else going old-school Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2008, 10:25 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Anyone else going old-school Madden?

I bought Madden 2001, 2003 and 2004 from Vintage Stock yesterday. After playing all three - Madden 2003 wins it for me.

Here are a couple of notes about the game that I love.

What a beautiful game this was - it is great out of the box, no slider adjusting - just overall enjoyable. The frame-rate is smooth as butter. AI plays smart and mixes up play calls.Kicking is a lot harder than it is now. Graphics are fairly good - players are not big and bulky like in Madden 2001 - they seem just about right. The ball spins when thrown . Injuries are not known right away (player 'appears' to have injured arm'). That means there is a sideline reporter. Franchise mode is deep - owner mode is in 2004 - but you do not see dumb moves by the CPU in the offseason. Auto-pass!I loved this method of play because my style (in every football game) is to just control the defenders. The presentation, sound, atmosphere - it really is great, the stat overlays are perfectly timed. The replays are excellent as well (one of the reasons why i did not like 2004, lack of replays).

CHeck the game out. Then play Madden 2009 - can they ever make it like this again??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2008, 10:50 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Anyone else going old-school Madden?

I am buying Madden 2003, 2004, and 2006 sometime today - but just using them as a guide for making my rosters for NFL 2K9.. always thought Madden's attributes for players were a lot more realistic.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:06 AM   #3
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I love to play the older Madden's from time to time. The other night my buddy and I were playing Madden '93 for the Genesis. I miss the ambulance.

Thankfully I don't have to buy since I have the collection.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-13-2008, 11:15 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 24

Close........I play Madden 09 for PS2..... old school console......lol.....
Old 12-13-2008, 11:44 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I love to play the older Madden's from time to time. The other night my buddy and I were playing Madden '93 for the Genesis. I miss the ambulance.

Ah, yes.....good memories!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2008, 04:38 PM   #6
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

My copy of NCAA Football 09 was stolen the other day so I've been very tempted to go back to NCAA 07 (i liked how u actually had to do the classwork and stuff as compared to 08's Campus Legend mode) but unfortunately, 07 doesn't work for the 360 yet, and i sold my old xbox about a month ago.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:57 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

How does that saying go, rose tinted glasses or something? I couldnt do it man, it was fun then but now, hell no lol. I tried playing the game that came as bonus content, I couldn't stomach it AT ALL, lol. Have fun though.
Old 12-13-2008, 06:17 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 23

I've played Madden '04 pretty recently. It was ok, and better than '05 in my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »