Home

should Madden 2010 bring back the Ambulance?

This is a discussion on should Madden 2010 bring back the Ambulance? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2008, 05:19 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: should Madden 2010 bring back the Ambulance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi Dynasty12
Injuries off please

Man, I HOPE you are kidding!!!
Old 12-14-2008, 05:19 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan

Also The Cart should not come out for every Injury, Only the Broken legs, torn ACLs, etc. I do not want to see the Cart for a sprained wrist.
Yeah, like some minor injuries would just be the player being able to get up on his own power. Some would require another player or two to help him up. A more serious one might require the trainers to come out. And the most serious would require the cart to come out.

In that "other game" I remember a situation once where the trainers came out and I guess determined it was so severe that they called for the cart. I also saw once where one of the players called for the trainers while he was down, and another instance where a player was down and a standing player yelled for the trainers to come out. Amazing stuff. I'll never forget it.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:04 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 6

No, no ambulance. However i agree with everyone else with the cart and trainers and non-immediate feedback. But the feedback should be game-wise, what i mean is that the reporter shouldn't tell you the player is out for the season. They should say: "The player is not going to be back in this game and the X-Rays are pending."

Also this would also complement if EA used a Calendar for Franchise so guy gets injured on sunday, x-rays on tuesday.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2008, 09:12 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 8

Hmmm APF2k8 has real-time injuries. Don't tell me that Madden 10 can't have that.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:34 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
My quick note:

- Agreed with the above...the ambulance is not realistic really...the injury cart is more viable nowadays.
- I don't think we've ever had much push-back from the NFL on anything injury-related...I'm pretty sure they don't want us to show any crazy paralysis type injuries though. And obviously the Blitz The League type injection stuff would be out as well...but that doesn't belong either.
- I personally have wrestled with the real-time injury thing...we could definitely do it, but I just don't know if that has a place. Compound fractures, twisted knees, other broken bones...just could be too gruesome to watch and I can only imagine the youtube videos to come out of it. Also I wonder if that would make us not be E for Everyone? Not sure...
To remind you - football itself is a contact sport, people getting 'hit' - so what what happen if you added an injury in the game? Nothing. If tackling can be E for Everyone, then so can injuries. No injuries, it'll give a little kid the wrong idea that he can never get hurt and if he tries to mimmick a tackle in the game, he will break his neck and be like "Well the football players in Madden never get injured" - so yes injuries happen and even little kids who play Mighty Mights football in Pop Warner know that, so might as well put them in the game.. lol
Old 12-15-2008, 09:47 AM   #38
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DaVe-
Hmmm APF2k8 has real-time injuries. Don't tell me that Madden 10 can't have that.
he said they could do it.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-15-2008, 09:51 AM   #39
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuJoiseySoulja
To remind you - football itself is a contact sport, people getting 'hit' - so what what happen if you added an injury in the game? Nothing. If tackling can be E for Everyone, then so can injuries. No injuries, it'll give a little kid the wrong idea that he can never get hurt and if he tries to mimmick a tackle in the game, he will break his neck and be like "Well the football players in Madden never get injured" - so yes injuries happen and even little kids who play Mighty Mights football in Pop Warner know that, so might as well put them in the game.. lol
injuries are already in the game.

if you're talking about real time injuries, that imo, would cause the rating to jump from E to T, or at least E10(like APF), not because its an injury, but due to the realism behind that injury and the "violence" behind that injury.

For reference, I can play Mega Man and shoot things to my heart's content but its rated E due to it being fantasy violence. But play a game like Call of Duty or anything that depicts human on human violence and the rating automatically changes. I don't think its so much that its an injury as it is how that injury is "presented".

just my opinion obviously

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 12-15-2008 at 10:11 AM.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:29 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 8

Oh hellllllll yeaaaaa!! Boy, I miss those Genesis days. One guy gets hurt, and the ambo runs over 12 guys to get to the one. Good Times!

Boy, it sure seems like alot of the guys here care more about meticulous boring details than out and out FUN! The Ambulance back in the day was FUN! The cheesy touchdown music FUN! Madden saying dumb sh*t like "BOOM! Now that’s Big Time Football" that sounded like it was recorded in a tin can FUN! Old School classic teams FUN!

Remember when Madden was flat out FUN? Madden 92, oh how I miss thee. I wish like hell they'd just update that game, keep it as simple and easy as it was, and give it a kick in the graphics ***. I would pay $200 for an updated Madden 92. I don't even give a damn about names, give me QB #12 for Foxboro.

Last edited by tmulk; 12-15-2008 at 11:34 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »