Home

Bring back the late hit personal fouls

This is a discussion on Bring back the late hit personal fouls within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2008, 10:05 PM   #41

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Bring back the late hit personal fouls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
This is a nice idea but I think this could be risky, I agree with making it something only a human controlled player committs.
as much as i like this and would agree with it, that would mean that when I am playing in my franchise, the only possibility of seeing this penalty ever is when I do it. It would never happen against me making it a lopsided penalty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2008, 10:33 PM   #42
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt8204
EA could add a new attribute to the player ratings: discipline. Do they get hotheaded during a game? Do they hold up after the QB has released the ball or do they plow into him? It could be based on how a player behaves in real life. If a guy got four or five personal foul penalties in the previous season, make it so that he has a better chance of getting one in a game of Madden.
Good point, agreed. Agressiveness is what I referenced earlier, but discipline works better I think. They just need to make ratings have a greater effect in general.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:23 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 23

On the subject of penalties, is there any reason why there can't be Illegal Forward Pass penalties?
Old 12-17-2008, 11:17 AM   #44
MVP

OVR: 12

I approve of this.

I mean come on - how many of you would LOVE to pop the hit-stick on a guy like T.O. after he makes a touchdown?

It's worth the 15-yards.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:58 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
This is a nice idea but I think this could be risky, I agree with making it something only a human controlled player committs.
Yeah, it would be frustrating if you just did a great job of stuffing the opponent on a 3rd-and-short (perfect defense, saw the run and committed to it), only to have the offense get a new set of downs because your bozo CPU teammate lost his cool. I can definitely see a few broken controllers resulting from one too many of these incidents.

New York Giants- 1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007.

PSN ID- matt8204
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2008, 06:04 PM   #46
Pro

GoToledo's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanCummingsFriend
What if your computer teammate caused this late hit? Would it frustrate you because you had no control over it? Playing against a human opponent this may be irritating because you don't have any control over it. Just seeing everyone's opinion on this view.
I am all for cpu errors, because that makes the game realistic. There should also be blown calls and phantom calls from officials. These things are realistic as long as they occur equally for the CPU and user teams. Sometimes you get a break, and sometimes the other team does.

Sideshow Bob
Old 12-17-2008, 07:30 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 6

If they were to implement this it would have to be for both cpu and human. Football is frustrating regardless. When you give up a huge run to a RB, are you not angry? Seriously, the "only human-controlled' features are what ruin Madden, like backtrack, the cpu makes mistakes too!
Old 12-17-2008, 07:48 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoToledo
I am all for cpu errors, because that makes the game realistic. There should also be blown calls and phantom calls from officials. These things are realistic as long as they occur equally for the CPU and user teams. Sometimes you get a break, and sometimes the other team does.
I agree with you, but can't you hear the masses crying "Bull!@#$" and "Comeback AI" when they're about the put the game away with a stop on defense when the ref whistles them for a phantom pass interference call late in the game?

New York Giants- 1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007.

PSN ID- matt8204

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »