Home

Bummed out all of a sudden ...

This is a discussion on Bummed out all of a sudden ... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2008, 12:21 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Bummed out all of a sudden ...

So it's still football season, I've got my NCAA fix - but no NFL fix.

Did anyone just realize the same thing here? We still have roughly 8 months until we get a new football game....8 friggin months....holy crap.

So while I read all the wishlist threads, I get pumped - right? But the problem is...I'm living in the now...and right now - I have no damn NFL game to play!

I tried 2k5 - having issues with my Xbox, so no go. All other Maddens than 09 do not have up to date rosters....woe is me - what to do?

Ugh...sorry for the thread...it seriously just hit me...and it hurt - anyone else suddenly feel the same way?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2008, 12:25 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Bummed out all of a sudden ...

Well you could just make players and trades and all that, it takes awhile but its worth it for the game you want to play, Im doing that with 07 right now .. kind of hard with the Dolphins though because there's so many players starting that were in college at 07's release
Old 12-14-2008, 12:50 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10

Did anyone just realize the same thing here? We still have roughly 8 months until we get a new football game....8 friggin months....holy crap.

Ugh...sorry for the thread...it seriously just hit me...and it hurt - anyone else suddenly feel the same way?
I don't suddenly feel this way. I have felt this way EVERY year after about 3-4 weeks of playing this game.

And what's worse is, I get the game early every year and by the time the 'regular season' kicks off this game has already been shelved.

Haven't been able to complete ONE season mode out of 4 Madden games that has been released on NextGen.

Not ONE.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, this franchise has waaay too much wrong with it to fix in just one year. I know Ian and Phil are trying but, I just do not see a huge turn around coming.

They made a HUGE mistake in using that last gen engine for the Madden on these NextGen consoles. In reality, we are just getting a larger than normal patch each year when we purchase this game because of the dated engine.

NHL is already very good from what I hear because of the good engine they are using.

And look at the NBA Live franchise, the former laughing stock of all of EA titles. I never thought I would get back into playing that game EVER again.

However they are all of a sudden, one Dev. cycle away from 'possibly' producing a great game because their foundation is excellent.

Can anyone say with a straight face, that they think that Madden is one Dev. cycle away from being great?

At this point I know I can't.

And to the original poster's point. It's the heart of the NFL season right now IRL, and most people who purchased Madden do not even play the game anymore.

The best time to play sports games is when you play them while their season's are going on IRL.

That hasn't been possible with the Madden franchise for years now.
Old 12-14-2008, 02:52 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 21

I needed a football fix too and just recently popped APF back in...I'd forgotten how much I like that game. It's not the same as having the real teams and players from this year, but it will do.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:12 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 38

Yup i keep going back to ncaa, online dynasty is just to much fun

wink wink phil ian
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2008, 03:25 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 10

Old 12-14-2008, 03:56 PM   #7
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10

So while I read all the wishlist threads, I get pumped - right? But the problem is...I'm living in the now...and right now - I have no damn NFL game to play!

I tried 2k5 - having issues with my Xbox, so no go. All other Maddens than 09 do not have up to date rosters....woe is me - what to do?

On the console I agree 100% with you , but on the PC I found my fix (Madden 08). Like countryboy said he found his fix on the PS2 madden 09. Which uses the current engine which performs so much better than the next gen madden engine.

Here some advice if u want to try it.
Do you own a good pc, not a great one, just a good one. buy Madden 08 for the PC.

Buy it here or EA Store via digital download.
http://www.amazon.com/Madden-NFL-08-...=operasport-20

On the PC you can play at high resolutions and the game looks awesome.

Now for updated rosters and even updated schedules for your franchise just visit this great site.

http://football-freaks.com/forums/in...?act=Downloads

They have great tools and editors that are very easy to use. At this site you can even get a NCAA roster that has over 60 NCAA teams. The only problem is no Option plays, but smooth gameplay with nice A.I.

Also on the PC you can use either a PS2 controller or a 360 Controller

Here are some screen shots if your curious. Plz note NCAA uniforms arent 100% accurate but the helmets, and field art is. The uniforms were done with the ingame tools, and the options were limited but it still looks great.

NCAA Fields
http://members.tripod.com/tyrant21rdfl/ncaa

NCAA Teams
http://members.tripod.com/tyrant21rdfl/ncaa-2

Hope this can help with your fixs till Madden 2010. It did for me.

Last edited by Tyrant8RDFL; 12-14-2008 at 03:59 PM.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:29 PM   #8
MVP

Garrett67's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
I needed a football fix too and just recently popped APF back in...I'd forgotten how much I like that game. It's not the same as having the real teams and players from this year, but it will do.
I did this too, even playing in practice mode is satisfying.

Xbox 360: Garrett67
Playstation: Bean1967
Steam: Axemaster5150

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »