Home

Why Is there no crown in the field?

This is a discussion on Why Is there no crown in the field? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2008, 02:32 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 25
Why Is there no crown in the field?

In every stadium in the NFL the field has a crown in the center where its higher and then slowly slopes toward the sidelines. Giving the center of the field a almost rised look or feel to it.

Also, on a side note: CBs & WRs should not even be able to jump in a upward direction on deep passes (its physically impossible unless the ball is way under thrown). The WRs can't even jump for deep passes, they have to dive or lay out for them.

try running at full speed and jump to see how high you can get...

You can't, your momentum is so great that as soon as you try to jump up your falling forward & down. This should be removed. Players should run through the ball, underneath the ball, and dive or lay out for the ball on deep routes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2008, 02:39 PM   #2
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Why Is there no crown in the field?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1
In every stadium in the NFL the field has a crown in the center where its higher and then slowly slopes toward the sidelines. Giving the center of the field a almost rised look or feel to it.

Also, on a side note: CBs & WRs should not even be able to jump in a upward direction on deep passes (its physically impossible unless the ball is way under thrown). The WRs can't even jump for deep passes, they have to dive or lay out for them.

try running at full speed and jump to see how high you can get...

You can't, your momentum is so great that as soon as you try to jump up your falling forward & down. This should be removed. Players should run through the ball, underneath the ball, and dive or lay out for the ball on deep routes.
When EA cannot do pt#2 of your question "correctly" do you really think that they should spend time putting the 100% correct sloping on the playing field?

On a side note... I am not 100% sure what you mean by the second question. This guy was running "fairly fast" and got "fairly high" (and far)

Just sa little confused.... in hoops you are running full speed and jumping and I do not recall ever falling down doing that.

Last edited by arichzona; 12-14-2008 at 02:45 PM.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:53 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 11

The problem is half this and half passing. When the deep balls are thrown they are incorrectly placed, which gives the CB excellent position and allows him to make these type of plays in the first place.
24-8 Madden 12 Record.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:59 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by arichzona
Just sa little confused.... in hoops you are running full speed and jumping and I do not recall ever falling down doing that.
I don't think you understand what he means. In the picture the guy is running and then jumps out and up. He didn't try to stop and jump vertically and in basketball when you drive the lane and jump you are again jumping out and up. What he is saying is that no one can be running full speed and in one motion stop and jump a straight vertical. If you tried your momentum would carry you forward or more likely you would slip and fall.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:20 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketch22
I don't think you understand what he means. In the picture the guy is running and then jumps out and up. He didn't try to stop and jump vertically and in basketball when you drive the lane and jump you are again jumping out and up. What he is saying is that no one can be running full speed and in one motion stop and jump a straight vertical. If you tried your momentum would carry you forward or more likely you would slip and fall.
Exactly.

Track and football dont even compare first of all, but just for arguements sake the long jumper pictured above is not jumping for height...he's jumping for distance. His momentum still carries him far more forward than up...which is why he is an olympian (because he can do this at record distances). So the guy who posted the picture is actually helping to prove my point.

In Madden, on pass plays the intended target and the defender both run deep full speed and can still jump virtically on a dime.

The same thing with the football, the ball flies at the same speed no matter if you lob it or zip it. The only thing that changes is the tragectory. Its like the physics engine does not apply to everything happinging on the field and this is why we get some of these weird results in gameplay.

First, the physical properties of the football need to be applied to the physics engine...then it should be tuned. The tuning part is what scares me because if they get it wrong then it creates a whole new set of issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »