Home

Play the sticks

This is a discussion on Play the sticks within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2008, 05:30 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Play the sticks

Here's an idea for Madden 2010. Similar to how there are "smart routes" for recievers on offense to make sure their route goes deep enough to get the first down, there should be an audible option on defense to "play the sticks", or guard the first down marker. I would prefer it be an overall defensive audible (similar to making the secondary "back off" or "play tight") than having to select individual players and audible them individually mainly because there's usually not enough time to audible more than a player or two before a play.

Some food for thought. Comments?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2008, 10:02 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Play the sticks

Great idea, I find myself wishing I could do this often on like 3rd and 14.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:02 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazzen
Here's an idea for Madden 2010. Similar to how there are "smart routes" for recievers on offense to make sure their route goes deep enough to get the first down, there should be an audible option on defense to "play the sticks", or guard the first down marker. I would prefer it be an overall defensive audible (similar to making the secondary "back off" or "play tight") than having to select individual players and audible them individually mainly because there's usually not enough time to audible more than a player or two before a play.

Some food for thought. Comments?

Great Idea! This is a feature that's actually been in last gen Maddens for a couple years now. It is one of the many features that should definitely be brought over to current gen for 2010.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 12-16-2008, 09:32 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

Excellent idea!! How does this work exactly? On 3rd and 2 and I play the sticks is it easier for a team to go deep on me because I'm squatting on the short routes?? Just curious.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:37 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 21

Excellent idea. Give us defensive smart routes. Allow us to cover the sidelines when we know that our opponent is running short on time and can't stop the clock without getting out of bounds. Let us heavily guard the end zone when we know that's where the ball is going.

New York Giants- 1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007.

PSN ID- matt8204
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »