Home

Can you make the CPU wear their road jerseys at home and vice versa?

This is a discussion on Can you make the CPU wear their road jerseys at home and vice versa? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2008, 01:19 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Can you make the CPU wear their road jerseys at home and vice versa?

Wish we could have home's vs. home's (dark's vs. dark's)... basically choose whatever we want... no reason to have restrictions on what the user can choose... except for maybe online(?).

Old 12-18-2008, 01:38 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 6

There is also another reason why teams wear white at home.

For Instance, the Dolphins choose to wear white in Miami because it forces the other team to wear a solid color, which causes them to feel the heat a lot more than the Dolphins.

As for the Cowboys, I don't really have a clue as to why they use white at home.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:50 PM   #19
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by krc1130
There is also another reason why teams wear white at home.

For Instance, the Dolphins choose to wear white in Miami because it forces the other team to wear a solid color, which causes them to feel the heat a lot more than the Dolphins.

As for the Cowboys, I don't really have a clue as to why they use white at home.
They were white at home basically due to superstition or marketing, depending on who you ask...lol. Tex Schramm is the one who made the decision in the 60's. He apparently wanted the Cowboys to have a unique and recognizable look that differed from other teams and made the Cowboys instantly recognized. It also, as you mnetioned is true for the Dolphins, forced teams to play in their colors in the Texas heat (Texas Stadium is known for being crazy hot on the field in the early part of the season).

They also changed their blue uniform from the more royal blue to the darker blue you see today due mainly (many believe) to superstition. They were said to lose quite a bit in their blue uniforms and thought they were jinxed.

Even now, with the darker blue unis, many people (including the owner himself) feel the blue jersies tend to be bad luck. Even many fans think the special "retros" they wear on special occasions are bad luck. It's a silly superstition to me, but if any players actually believe it I guess from their perspecitive it's best to try and avoid one more distraction. Ironically the only distraction they seem to actively avoid...lol.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:01 PM   #20
Pro

GoToledo's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
They were white at home basically due to superstition or marketing, depending on who you ask...lol. Tex Schramm is the one who made the decision in the 60's. He apparently wanted the Cowboys to have a unique and recognizable look that differed from other teams and made the Cowboys instantly recognized. It also, as you mnetioned is true for the Dolphins, forced teams to play in their colors in the Texas heat (Texas Stadium is known for being crazy hot on the field in the early part of the season).

They also changed their blue uniform from the more royal blue to the darker blue you see today due mainly (many believe) to superstition. They were said to lose quite a bit in their blue uniforms and thought they were jinxed.

Even now, with the darker blue unis, many people (including the owner himself) feel the blue jersies tend to be bad luck. Even many fans think the special "retros" they wear on special occasions are bad luck. It's a silly superstition to me, but if any players actually believe it I guess from their perspecitive it's best to try and avoid one more distraction. Ironically the only distraction they seem to actively avoid...lol.
Yea, I have heard Cowboys fans refer to those jerseys as the "bad news blues".

Sideshow Bob

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »