Home

Have all the major Madden 10 decisions already been made?

This is a discussion on Have all the major Madden 10 decisions already been made? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2008, 04:35 PM   #33
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Have all the major Madden 10 decisions already been made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
Yeah, I am more interested in gameplay changes.... I guess I just am a gameplay purist. I do appreciate any presentation upgrades, but we still need to get the action on the field right first.
I think you speak for many of us Cdon2k.

Much improved presentation will certainly be more than welcome, and much needed. But in my opinion...after possibly being very impressed with the upped presentation for the first few weeks, many will then look to the actual gameplay to carry '10' for the months to come.

I also believe in the end, the heavy lifting is done by the gameplay first and foremost.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:59 PM   #34

LL-Cool-P's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
You guys are pretty much spot on...the majority of our major features have been decided on, and quite a few are already in the game. I am seriously struggling to contain my excitement to start releasing the info.

Sounds good

- Back like I never left -

Old 12-19-2008, 06:20 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 6

UNLESS they go back to the basics which they have never got right since moving to polygons all the presentation in the world will not save this game.
The presentation in 2k5 was nice to start with but got old, the player interaction didn't get old that much...yes there were issues with the game but at least they got the basics of PLAYER INTERACTION right in 2k5.

TIBURON, IAN, EA CEO who I think doesn't care....give me a game that feels like a game of Gridiron where ALL THE PLAYERS are important instead of just being there for the sake of being there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2008, 06:22 PM   #36

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sef0r
UNLESS they go back to the basics which they have never got right since moving to polygons all the presentation in the world will not save this game.
The presentation in 2k5 was nice to start with but got old, the player interaction didn't get old that much...yes there were issues with the game but at least they got the basics of PLAYER INTERACTION right in 2k5.

TIBURON, IAN, EA CEO who I think doesn't care....give me a game that feels like a game of Gridiron where ALL THE PLAYERS are important instead of just being there for the sake of being there.
what does that have anything to do with:

"Have all the major Madden 10 decisions already been made?"
Old 12-19-2008, 06:38 PM   #37
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
what does that have anything to do with:

"Have all the major Madden 10 decisions already been made?"

LOL. The conversation does seem to be straying from the topic a bit.

Focus on presentation doesn't mean focus away from gameplay. At least, it shouldn't. I have confidence Ian understands this.

But yeah, the original question was meant to gauge how much influence is still possible when it comes to Madden 10. If the game's foundation is set in stone, then we're essentially just waiting until the first round of announcements.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:46 PM   #38
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

I'd like to hear an answer to the Achievements question....In case you missed it Ian, who decides on what achievements are in the game? I know that's not the most important thing, but it deserves a bit of a "creative touch" (see Fifa series). Some of the achievements from last year's game inspire "cheesing". I was just wondering if some thought could be put into what achievements make the list.

Thanks Ian.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:10 PM   #39
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
Focus on presentation doesn't mean focus away from gameplay. At least, it shouldn't. I have confidence Ian understands this.
I don't why people conjure up those thoughts anyway. "If they work on this, then this not going to get attention." Enough with the limitations! Lol, everyone should know by now that EA has several teams working on different aspects of the game.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:55 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 27

^^^ It doesn't appear that most people realize that, and that's where all the "I don't care about **insert something important here** I only care about **insert something else important here**" talk comes from. I think if they knew that there are dedicated teams working on specific parts, it would actually make them a little upset because that there is reason enough for there being little excuse for some things to be so on the downside.

There used to be a time when the sky seemed like it was the limit with Madden and you didn't hear people say such crazy things about sacrificing essential parts for something else. The expectations were that the game would be tight in all phases and most of the time it was. It still can be done, and nothing has changed except that the quality of the series is not what it used to be and gamers have (mostly without even realizing it) conditioned themselves to accept the state, and hope that major sacrifices in one area like presentation will mean an upturn in the area they see as most deficient (like gameplay or something else).

But what I wonder is... why do they think that it would make any difference now since things like presentation have been ignored for years and that still didn't result in an upturn in those other areas (?). It's really pretty amusing when you think about it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »