Home

CPU sliders

This is a discussion on CPU sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2008, 03:19 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
CPU sliders

Hey guys,
I have been reading threads about the way sliders were done this year in the game. All I want to do is make the CPU more effective at running and passing. They don't score enough on me. And I'm playing with the Colts. It shouldn't be an easy win for me every time.

Any help on how to JUST improve the CPU passing game and running game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2008, 03:49 PM   #2
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: CPU sliders

If you're looking to help in the cpu game,I would suggest a couple of things.
As far as wanting the cpu to score more....I would adjust your reaction slider in the pass defense slider section.
Also,if you're worried about int's,bring down the int slider as well...with both of these dropped,you SHOULD see more movement from the cpu offense.

As far as running goes though....about the only thing you can do is lower your defensive run sliders....this usually won't help to much though,as the cpu (at times) seems completely clueless when it comes to the run.

Last night,I played against the Redskins (Steelers) and as you know,the Steeler line is no slouch when it comes to the run,but Portis lit me up for over 150yds.

It's really a mixed bag when it comes to the run though...the cool thing I DID notice though,was with Washington having success with the run,they kept feeding Portis the rock.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 12-20-2008, 07:30 PM   #3
MVP

Thank you so much. I'm gonna try that.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:53 AM   #4
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Last night,I played against the Redskins (Steelers) and as you know,the Steeler line is no slouch when it comes to the run,but Portis lit me up for over 150yds.
Huh....How on earth did you allow that to happen with our Steelers..

I have 0s across the board for Rushing D sliders and have only had 1 or 2 backs barely break 100 on freak plays to boot.

How many min qtrs you play with?? I use 8

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 12-21-2008, 01:01 AM   #5
Pro

This was one of my biggest reason's for trading in the game. I could not get a singl rb to gain 100 on my 49ers. But it wasnt just the 49ers it was any team I used, The cpu could just simply not run in the game.

The only way was to put tackling to 0 reaction to 0 but then wr's break tackles like crazy and the game becomes cheap. I couldnt find a happy medium between cheap. It was either cheap or nothing at all.

I hope in future Maddens they make rb's more domianat and if anythinf we have to lower the sliders rather than having to Max the cpu's and it still not do anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2008, 01:24 AM   #6
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Yeah the cpu running game is very inconsistent, at best.

However...I have been shocked a few times by the cpu breaking a couple of long ones on me. But normally playing on 12 minute qrts [All Madden] I only give up around 40 to 60 yards rushing to the cpu.

Now the cpu passing game....Mr. Cpu is doing just fine there.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:20 AM   #7
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
Huh....How on earth did you allow that to happen with our Steelers..

I have 0s across the board for Rushing D sliders and have only had 1 or 2 backs barely break 100 on freak plays to boot.

How many min qtrs you play with?? I use 8
..Trust me bro,I was as shocked as you are. I had him contained the whole game,then it seemed like my d-line just fell asleep
The good thing though? I'm still #1 in overall defense in the league (2nd against the pass,1st against the rush)...or it's the other way around..lol at any rate we're still #1 in defense...lol

Oh yea...I'm playing with 9min q's and I have my sliders set like this..
Rush defense-18
reaction time-10
Block shed-5
Tackle-5
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »