Home

How to handle certain BS??

This is a discussion on How to handle certain BS?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2008, 12:40 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
How to handle certain BS??

Ok...so what do you guys suggest when players come out in bigger sets, and audible to passing attack because you are in 4-3 (most likely blitzing), and then hot routes quick outs or hooks?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2008, 12:48 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: How to handle certain BS??

3-4 defense, Cover 3...manually control the MLB and cover the middle of the field. The AI guys will do a good job of covering the flats.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:50 AM   #3
Rookie

Cool...I will try that. What d package do you use? Mulitple D? I have been using Bears D.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:05 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitness_4
Cool...I will try that. What d package do you use? Mulitple D? I have been using Bears D.
Well I started using the Niners defense offline, since I hired Mike Singletary as my DC in my franchise mode (I like to do it realistic like that). I sorta like it so I'm using it online as well, though I haven't played an online game in a while.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:11 AM   #5
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

In 4-3, keep your blitz just call bump n' run coverage with your db's (press coverage) Y then down on the stick....

The key to any good blitz or even a cover 2 scheme is to press those outside receivers so your blitzers can get there before a route develops... And if he panics and throws while your guy is bumping the WR, you can get a pick 6!!! Just got one in a game

If you want to go soft and guard the pass from a 4-3, call the play that puts 4 defenders in a zone and 3 deep (can't remember the name of it off hand). There is no press coverage here, but this can be useful if he beats the tactic above... He'll start thinking that you can't stop him and start throwing mid depth to deep routes and guess who'll be waiting for him!

Strategy baby
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2008, 09:07 AM   #6
Rookie

Perfect Guys!! I will be practicing that for a while tonight, and then heading back to the Sharks...I mean Lobbies

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »