Home

What we should expect from Madden 2010 and Beyond

This is a discussion on What we should expect from Madden 2010 and Beyond within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2008, 04:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
What we should expect from Madden 2010 and Beyond

Whats going on O.S.

I've been reading ALOT of threads in regards to what gamers want to have implemented into the Madden series. I personally think that many of our desires could be implemented if EA would either build or purchase a "Next Gen" game/physics engine that actually takes advantage of the next gen hardware.

Granted, the graphics that we have are pretty awesome though we know that we havent seen the best yet. Im personally not too much of a graphics whore. I've played the PS3 and 360 and have decided NOT to purchase any of these consoles until Madden actually present an actual Next Gen Madden game, or the NFL decides not to issue an exclusive 3rd party license to EA and allow other game makers to make a truely Next Gen football game.

It seems like Madden is way behind other sport games like basketball and hockey. I personally think that this exclusive rights agreement is allowing EA to just repackage and not create truely Next Gen gameplay.

your thoughts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2008, 05:35 PM   #2
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: What we should expect from Madden 2010 and Beyond

I expect greatness.

Not immediate greatness, but eventual greatness.

Ian is passionate about his work and from what I know about him and his team I think it is safe to say that Madden is going to be taking huge leaps in the right direction.

Madden is only going to get better. A lot better.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 12-27-2008, 06:46 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 27

I am concerned about Next Gen (XBOX 720, PS4), but I'm more concerned right now about current gen (360/PS3).

My expectations are higher than they were coming into 09 after 08, because 09 showed enough promise that 2010 should be an exceptional product. Whether it will be or not... we'll see.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:22 AM   #4
Rookie

Blkcanes's Arena

OVR: 8

I just want a great Franchise mode I usually skip the first season and go straight to the off season and hope to do the scouting and and build through the draft and play the second season but the game is usually just so boring nothing fun to it scouting is lacking the draft if they would notice is a very big thing come April but it's nothing in the game but till this day I can't even get decent Franchise which is what lead me to not buying madden same as 08. why pay $60 for the same game.

So I'm not expecting much coming from madden now or later really.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:24 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
I expect greatness.
Ian is passionate about his work and from what I know about him and his team I think it is safe to say that Madden is going to be taking huge leaps in the right direction.

Madden is only going to get better. A lot better.
Ian is passionate, but he can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t ; EA as a corporation isn't going to allocate funds in order to improve madden, because the game is selling like hot cakes already.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2008, 10:37 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
I just want a great Franchise mode I usually skip the first season and go straight to the off season and hope to do the scouting and and build through the draft and play the second season but the game is usually just so boring nothing fun to it scouting is lacking the draft if they would notice is a very big thing come April but it's nothing in the game but till this day I can't even get decent Franchise which is what lead me to not buying madden same as 08. why pay $60 for the same game.
I love doing that Franchise too, simulate the entire first season and go right to the off-season and rebuild a team. I do this all the time in NFL 2K5.
Old 12-27-2008, 11:53 AM   #7
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

With Ian and Phil running the show, I expect Madden to achieve the same level of greatness it had back on LG, most notably '04 & '05. You can already see the game improving.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-27-2008, 12:07 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkcanes
I just want a great Franchise mode I usually skip the first season and go straight to the off season and hope to do the scouting and and build through the draft and play the second season.

Franchise at the very lest should be better. They did bring over one of the bright and creative designers of NFL Head Coach.

Good Call Phil...now lets see what he can impliment into Franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »