Home

Does the CPU know my play?

This is a discussion on Does the CPU know my play? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2008, 01:58 PM   #25
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67
Re: Does the CPU know my play?

Yep the cpu does know your plays
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2008, 02:53 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven
Very true. Like I've said in the past, the game itself is decent, but there is just WAY too much wrong with the base of the game for it to ever be considered "great". The suction blocking, the lifeless AI, the superfreak DB's, the magnetic passing, the blown blocking assignments because of sprinting, the blitzing .. its just, eh, I don't think we'll get what we REALLY want until the AI is completely redone and we get a new physics engine. I'm not really sure why we still see the same things mentioned above that were in last gen if the next gen Madden was built from scratch?
Good post. I've always wondered the same thing...
Old 12-30-2008, 09:18 PM   #27
All Star

OVR: 33

Does this change on allpro/pro/rookie?

Or do they only know my play and break blocks on all madden?
Old 12-30-2008, 09:26 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 46

This really annoys me, I hope they fix it for 2010
Old 12-30-2008, 09:31 PM   #29
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven
Very true. Like I've said in the past, the game itself is decent, but there is just WAY too much wrong with the base of the game for it to ever be considered "great". The suction blocking, the lifeless AI, the superfreak DB's, the magnetic passing, the blown blocking assignments because of sprinting, the blitzing .. its just, eh, I don't think we'll get what we REALLY want until the AI is completely redone and we get a new physics engine. I'm not really sure why we still see the same things mentioned above that were in last gen if the next gen Madden was built from scratch?
and you are correct the "Base" of this game was completely jacked up. Its the polishing a turd syndrome at the highest level. Madden 06 had jacked up people making the game and :building it from scratch" now there is new leadership there and no matter what they do, its still a turd.

I tried to confront Roger Goodell on NFL.com today about the quality of the only NFL game to be released, my question didnt get answered, go figure.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:46 PM   #30
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
You see the problem is that, this game is not deep enough to do anything else. Madden is 11 on 11. The teams are just different colored 11 guys. We think we are playing the Titans vs the Colts, but the game doesn't. They claim there is a guy who all he does is playbooks for every team and all he does is watch games and make plays, and its just a lie, year after year, every team damn near has the same playbook, there are no team tendencies, there is nothing "personal" in the game, no matter what stadium you are in, what time of day it is, what week you are in, its 11 on 11 and the CPU does what it does and we are essentially "tricked" into believing we are doing anything we think we are doing. 11 on 11, and everything else is just graphics. hope next year you revisit the importance of your 60 bucks before throwing it down.
Man this is an excellent post...true so true....
Old 12-30-2008, 10:28 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 3

AI is not currently advanced enough to compete against players without cheating. Until the game industry moves towards the AI acceleration card (just like a graphics or physics card), we won't see any real AI improvement. So, things like the PC "knowing" your play will remain an issue for the player. This is truly a matter of lazy programmers not implementing a play calling system that was less evident as "cheating".

I do hate to bring this up, but let me get through it before anyone jumps on my case...

Imagine if ESPN 2k6, 2k7, 2k8, and 2k9 were actually released. Things like this may have been "fixed". Competition is good. It leads to new ideas, competitive thinking (how to implement features better), and stealing great ideas and features.

Now with 2k out of the picture, there is only one group of people working on this stuff. One set of brains trying to figure things out. I hope the Madden fans now understand why this exclusivity deal has hurt all of us on both sides of the ball.

We need 2k back if only to make Madden the best football game possible! I hope nobody is too mad at me for this insight, but I had to get it off my chest. Thanks for listening.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2008, 12:06 AM   #32
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizturbd
AI is not currently advanced enough to compete against players without cheating. Until the game industry moves towards the AI acceleration card (just like a graphics or physics card), we won't see any real AI improvement. So, things like the PC "knowing" your play will remain an issue for the player. This is truly a matter of lazy programmers not implementing a play calling system that was less evident as "cheating".

I do hate to bring this up, but let me get through it before anyone jumps on my case...

Imagine if ESPN 2k6, 2k7, 2k8, and 2k9 were actually released. Things like this may have been "fixed". Competition is good. It leads to new ideas, competitive thinking (how to implement features better), and stealing great ideas and features.

Now with 2k out of the picture, there is only one group of people working on this stuff. One set of brains trying to figure things out. I hope the Madden fans now understand why this exclusivity deal has hurt all of us on both sides of the ball.

We need 2k back if only to make Madden the best football game possible! I hope nobody is too mad at me for this insight, but I had to get it off my chest. Thanks for listening.
Excellent post. I've enjoyed Madden this year for the arcade fun it provides, but I still miss the alternative experience that 2k provided...alas, once I accepted 2k is done it allowed me to enjoy Madden alot more.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »