Home

rate my fantasy draft

This is a discussion on rate my fantasy draft within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2008, 09:38 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
rate my fantasy draft

my team is a 88 overall i took hutchinson with my 1st pick beccause i like to run the ball so i tried to get as many good lineman as i could.

qb - matt ryan / jp losman / j beck
hb - m barber / mcfadden / j arringotn
fb - t smith
wr - calvin johnson / tedd ginn / devin hester
te - jason whitten / b. franks
lt - jake long (86)
lg - s. hutchinson
c - m birk (93 overall)
rg - j scott (94) overall
rt - j stinchcomb ( 87)

le - l little (87) / v adeyanju
re - k edwards (82)
dt - c hampton
lolb - z diles (77)
MLB - james farrior
rolb - m greenwood (86)
cb - m trufant / d. robinson / mike jenkins
fs - v fuller (78)
ss - a elam (79)
k - jeff read
p - a lee
kr - tedd gin, hester
pr - tedd gin

overall my team is pretty good i went offense first defense second. i wanted speed in my receivers so i think i did pretty good there. o line is great gives my 1 - 2 punch of barber and mcfadden a great boost. defense is not so great. gotta couple good corners and based my pash rush and run defense around hampton and farrior. so far i like the way the team is playing. ryan is doing good and i'm 2-2 in my franchise. i think its more fun this way..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2008, 09:46 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 13
Re: rate my fantasy draft

is your base defense 3-3-5 with an extra corner or did you omit a d-lineman or linebacker?
Old 12-29-2008, 09:53 PM   #3
Pro

i run the 3-4 i might have forgotten about another lineman but i think i did a pretty good job though what do you think/ my offense is very explosive.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:20 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmchugh007
i run the 3-4 i might have forgotten about another lineman but i think i did a pretty good job though what do you think/ my offense is very explosive.
Well a 3-4 means 3 down lineman and 4 linebackers so you should post your back up middle linebacker. in real life your defense would be in trouble because Leonard Little is a 4-3 pass rushing defensive end, but madden doesn't make the distinction so you'll get away with it.

Your offense is very explosive, lots of speed at receiver and running back (mcfadden at least) and you have a solid o-line. you're offense also has a lot of potential which i think can work against you if you play with a salary cap. if you're doing a franchise with this team then free agency is gonna pick your team apart when matt ryan/ginn/ calvin johnson and mcfadden all want to resign.

overall you have an offense with the potential to score a lot of points, and a defense with the potential to give up a lot of points. kind of like the cowboys, you're a great video game team/fun on paper but not the kind of team that is winning games in the nfl right now. you will challenge minnesota and new england for those scoring records though i'm sure...
Old 12-29-2008, 11:53 PM   #5
Pro

yeah that is true. i turned off the salary cap i think it's more fun that way. i will try to re build the defense in the off season. i need a lot of help at safety, line backer and defensive lineman. overall i think i did pretty good in my draft all in all. i really like the 1 - 2 punch of mcfadden and barber.

andto talk about my run defense, i just gave up the most rushing yards ever to carnell williams he was on the bengals he shredded me for 303 yards rushing scoring 3 tds and averaging 20 yards a cary so my defense does need a major over hall.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2008, 12:12 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmchugh007
yeah that is true. i turned off the salary cap i think it's more fun that way. i will try to re build the defense in the off season. i need a lot of help at safety, line backer and defensive lineman. overall i think i did pretty good in my draft all in all. i really like the 1 - 2 punch of mcfadden and barber.

andto talk about my run defense, i just gave up the most rushing yards ever to carnell williams he was on the bengals he shredded me for 303 yards rushing scoring 3 tds and averaging 20 yards a cary so my defense does need a major over hall.
ha that sucks that you got run over like that. general rule in the nfl: can't stop the run, can't win games. with you're offense though you might not need a great defense. if you can get ahead in games, then have a linebacker that can rush the passer and a couple of db's that can cover then you'll be alright. you just need a few stops here and there in the first half.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:57 AM   #7
Rookie

rdmcfall's Arena

OVR: 4

Your line is unbelievable. Nice draft. It seems like you'll have to win shootouts though. Every year, I use a fantasy draft to change it up when i don't feel like playing my Colts franchise. Great feature in any sports game.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:02 PM   #8
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

You should be able to run the ball well and definitely have an above average passing game.

Your defense looks above average with a few weak spots, but overall you should be able to control the ball really well so you can keep your D fresh and off of the field.

Not a bad draft.
It makes me sad
I post the frog

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »