Home

PS2 Franchise Starter (Year 2)

This is a discussion on PS2 Franchise Starter (Year 2) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2008, 04:19 AM   #1
MVP

KleShreen's Arena

OVR: 10
PS2 Franchise Starter (Year 2)

I'm not sure if that's what you could call it...but...

I recently replicated the 2008 NFL Season in the first year of a franchise, using King's "Stat-Accurate" tweaks...the scores aren't exact, but every record is the same as IRL, and the only game I played was the Eagles/Bengals game to a 10-10 tie.

Anyway, in case anyone is wondering, I do have this done as of the playoff matchups this weekend, so at the conclusion of the Super Bowl, I will be happy to post the franchise file for anyone who wishes to use it. I'm currently in control of all 32 teams, but set everything to Auto-Assist for every team while I simmed the season, so you will be taking over from basically scratch on whatever team you choose, and I believe you can even take off your control of the other 31 teams during the off-season.

Now all I'm looking for is some updated draft classes to go with it! Here is the file up to the wild card round of the playoffs, in case anyone wants to play through the playoffs on their own.

Here's a link for download:
http://rapidshare.com/files/17868143...n_NFL.max.html

And if that doesn't work:
https://www.yousendit.com/download/T...YWJ5UkYzZUE9PQ

Someone just post if neither of the links are working. The rapidshare link will only last for 10 downloads, and the yousendit link will work for 7 days or 100 downloads.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, all the draft picks for the upcoming draft have been traded to their respective teams.

What I did was if Team A got a third-round pick from Team B in real life, I traded Team B's third round pick to Team A for Team A's lowest pick (usually 7th round)...the only time I didn't do this was if teams were involved in multiple trades and if Team A was supposed to get a 6th round pick from Team B, but the lowest pick Team A had at that point was a 5th round pick, I just left it as is so they could keep their higher pick.

Last edited by KleShreen; 01-05-2009 at 09:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2008, 04:26 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: PS2 Franchise Starter (Year 2)

That is funny. I thought I was the only one who did this. I have the exact same franchise file that I have been working on since the season started. I have the playoff matchups set for this weekend. I have draft classes, but who knows which underclassmen are coming out. I actually let the computer vs computer sim each game. Right now, the AFC championship game is the Chargers vs the Dolphins and the NFC championship game is Falcons vs the Giants. It could happen. You never know what could happen in what could be called one of the most unpredictable seasons in recent memory (except for the Lions going 0-16. I think everyone knew that was coming).
Old 12-31-2008, 04:27 AM   #3
Rookie

By the way, I am playing on the PS2. I cannot believe how much more fun and exciting this game is to the 360 version.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:28 PM   #4
MVP

KleShreen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyg21
By the way, I am playing on the PS2. I cannot believe how much more fun and exciting this game is to the 360 version.
For sure. I've played Madden and NCAA both on the PS2 and 360, and the PS2 still blows it out of the water.

As for my file, I'm gonna just wait and let the playoffs happen and duplicate those as well...as for draft classes, I'm just hoping to get a class where the big names come out, like Andre Smith, Sam Bradford (probably), Michael Crabtree, etc.

I also let the CPU do each game except for that Bengals/Eagles game...did you get a tie in that one by simming it? If so, that's impressive. A lot of backing out of franchise and re-loading it to get the right results, haha.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:08 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleShreen
I'm not sure if that's what you could call it...but...

I recently replicated the 2008 NFL Season in the first year of a franchise, using King's "Stat-Accurate" tweaks...the scores aren't exact, but every record is the same as IRL, and the only game I played was the Eagles/Bengals game to a 10-10 tie.

Anyway, in case anyone is wondering, I do have this done as of the playoff matchups this weekend, so at the conclusion of the Super Bowl, I will be happy to post the franchise file for anyone who wishes to use it. I'm currently in control of all 32 teams, but set everything to Auto-Assist for every team while I simmed the season, so you will be taking over from basically scratch on whatever team you choose, and I believe you can even take off your control of the other 31 teams during the off-season.

Now all I'm looking for is some updated draft classes to go with it!

Can you post the file now?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2008, 09:30 PM   #6
Rookie

I keep hearing that the PS2 Madden is way better than the PS3 or XBox360 version of the game. As far as franchise mode goes.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:11 PM   #7
Rookie

yeah could you post this now if possible, I'd love to play out some of the playoff matchups...
Old 01-01-2009, 06:33 AM   #8
MVP

KleShreen's Arena

I added some download links to the top...someone just post if neither of the links are working. The rapidshare link will only last for 10 downloads, and the yousendit link will work for 7 days or 100 downloads.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »