Home

last-gen vs. next-gen

This is a discussion on last-gen vs. next-gen within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 10:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 14
last-gen vs. next-gen

Just wondering about some of your thoughts concerning the Last-gen vs. Next-gen argument. I own both PS2 and PS3 versions and I enjoy the gameplay on the PS3 version but don't really care for online play and it seems as if EA has taken a step back in almost all other aspects of this years' game(from gen-gen, not 08-09). The graphics for the PS2 version aren't even that bad and the franchise mode is so much deeper. Feel free to chime in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2009, 11:13 PM   #2
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: last-gen vs. next-gen

Im with you.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:59 PM   #3
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Last-Gen featured the dreaded "Mario Running". I'm, for one, glad that it's somewhat dead in the Next Gen. However, momentum, physics, and except for NCAA 2007--pursuit angles, were MUCH, MUCH better on last gen.

I've always felt last gen ported over with much better graphics (obviously), better atmosphere/more personality, more animations, and a better sense of football fundamentals would've been a solid game.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 01-02-2009, 12:20 AM   #4
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12

I've got 09 for the old xbox and it's a fun game, I can't tell you the last time I played Madden for the 360, I think I'm going to trade it in and get Hot Shots Golf for the PS3. I was holding it for someone who said they wanted it and when I called him he forgot all about it and it's dropped in value since, oh well, no good deed goes unpunished.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:56 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 24

Next-gen: Played by me for a week back in late August, then traded in for Last-gen.

Last -gen: still being played (and enjoyed) by me.

Last-gen wins. (Hoping this changes FINALLY in 2010)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2009, 01:31 AM   #6
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

I purchased both the 360 and PS3 versions of Madden 09 and probably played both of them a total of 15 times combined. The game on next generation consoles just isn't fun for me. I bought the PS2 version about a month ago and played it more in the first week than I did the other versions the first 2 months. I'm definitely siding with the PS2 version on this one. The computer calls a much better game and the gameplay is much more enjoyable. I feel the same about NCAA Football also. It would be nice if next year's PS3 & 360 versions are finally fun.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:10 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 11

Last-gen is still better, IMO. Just plays better and is more sim-like. Coaches tendencies can be adjusted to make each team feel different, working fatigue, etc.

That said, I sometimes have to take a break from time to time because it feels stale after awhile, having been the same since 2001. But when a football/franchise fix is needed, last-gen all the way this year for sure.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:12 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 14

After buying it the first day out, I returned it about a week later. I had some extra cash left over from Christmas so I decided to give it another shot. I think I like NCAA for PS3 a bit better anyway.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »