Home

Why Can't Madden Football Look Like This?

This is a discussion on Why Can't Madden Football Look Like This? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2009, 01:30 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Why Can't Madden Football Look Like This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
I honestly think if APF had all 32 NFL teams and todays rosters, whether u like the graphics or not, I believe the mass majority would be playing APF.

Like someone posted earlier the lineman back then were not as big as todays players. Its just 2k being accurate, but u have to admit the animations in that game are very sweet.

"if APF had all 32 NFL teams and todays rosters, whether u like the graphics or not, I believe the mass majority would be playing APF"

Exactly! So true.. I honestly think so myself.. no doubt.
I think thats probably one of the main reasons EA has the Nfl license now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2009, 01:38 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGmen56
This Game is older and and not even Next Gen, but yet it looks so much more realistic then Madden.. Why? Madden's Graphics look good but the players don't look as proportional and realistic as 2k Football games.. Madden needs to start making the game and players look more realistic and less cartoony. Take a good look at these pics and you can see what a realistic football game should look like and play.. The pics look like real life football images not a game. When will Madden football look and play like this??

Sorry man, but me, I am not with you on this one. The extra things all pro had in the game were sweet but the graphics were just plain TERRIBLE. The grass sucked, the player models sucked, the accesories that players wore were flat out bad. Even more funny is that 2k is famous for their pasty heads in ALL of their games. Their hair is like this painted putty that somehow found its way onto a player models head. It sucks BAD. But gameplay and the little things that were in all pro are good. But I really want madden to be great in its own right. PLease dont copy cat 2k.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:45 AM   #27
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGmen56
"if APF had all 32 NFL teams and todays rosters, whether u like the graphics or not, I believe the mass majority would be playing APF"

Exactly! So true.. I honestly think so myself.. no doubt.
I think thats probably one of the main reasons EA has the Nfl license now.
Wasup Homie, I wanted to ask this question maybe someone knows the answer, but did EA step to the NFL about buying the license or did the NFL bring it to the gaming companies and informed them that in order to make a NFL game you have to buy a exclusive license for it.

Im curious cause the NFL is exclusive in other areas also.
Example
NFL sunday ticket : Direct TV
NFL network: Only on satelite TV
Sprint Phone:Only ones that can show the NFL network on a phone.

So im curious to know the answer to my question. If anyone knows plz hook me up.
Thxs
Old 01-04-2009, 01:47 AM   #28
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookie48
Sorry man, but me, I am not with you on this one. The extra things all pro had in the game were sweet but the graphics were just plain TERRIBLE. The grass sucked, the player models sucked, the accesories that players wore were flat out bad. Even more funny is that 2k is famous for their pasty heads in ALL of their games. Their hair is like this painted putty that somehow found its way onto a player models head. It sucks BAD. But gameplay and the little things that were in all pro are good. But I really want madden to be great in its own right. PLease dont copy cat 2k.
LOL your right the grass is horrible, and the hair It looked like something on N64, but the animations are sweet in this game.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:58 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
LOL your right the grass is horrible, and the hair It looked like something on N64, but the animations are sweet in this game.
No doubt, hope they get some of these right in next years game. I love it when I run the ball and if I try to get my RB in between lineman he kinda squeezes himself through. That is cool detail
Old 01-05-2009, 02:40 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Wasup Homie, I wanted to ask this question maybe someone knows the answer, but did EA step to the NFL about buying the license or did the NFL bring it to the gaming companies and informed them that in order to make a NFL game you have to buy a exclusive license for it.

Im curious cause the NFL is exclusive in other areas also.
Example
NFL sunday ticket : Direct TV
NFL network: Only on satelite TV
Sprint Phone:Only ones that can show the NFL network on a phone.

So im curious to know the answer to my question. If anyone knows plz hook me up.
Thxs

Rumor has it and its a rumor that EA had pitched the idea the NFL for years before the NFL decided to sell their licsense. I think the difference between this and the other examples is that competition still exists. EX. Sunday ticket and NFL network still compete against FOX sports (NFC), CBS (AFC), and Sunday night (ABC) for viewers. Thus putting out quality products. As far as the cell phone goes Verizon has ESPN so you can still get NFL (to some degree).

I hope this helps
Old 01-05-2009, 03:05 PM   #31
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by black jedi
Rumor has it and its a rumor that EA had pitched the idea the NFL for years before the NFL decided to sell their licsense. I think the difference between this and the other examples is that competition still exists. EX. Sunday ticket and NFL network still compete against FOX sports (NFC), CBS (AFC), and Sunday night (ABC) for viewers. Thus putting out quality products. As far as the cell phone goes Verizon has ESPN so you can still get NFL (to some degree).

I hope this helps
Sunday ticket doesn't compete against Fox or CBS. They show games that are telecast on Fox and CBS.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2009, 03:06 PM   #32

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

lol. fox vs. fox. thats a new one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »