Home

Small favor...looking for 09 "bulletin board material"

This is a discussion on Small favor...looking for 09 "bulletin board material" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2009, 01:54 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Small favor...looking for 09 "bulletin board material"

From the Thread: Have all the major decisions in Madden
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart2180
Size and Power need to be treated with more respect in Madden. Not everything should be based upon speed. Its a sad thing when its better to have Devin Hester at WR than HInes Ward. A rb like Reggie Bush mean more to a team than a Brandon Jacobs. Putting a LB at defensive end (because of his speed rating) play better than a beastly DE.

Im gonna use an example of the 49ers on Defense. The way Madden currently is. It makes more sense to put OLB Manny Lawson at DE and sit a great DE in Justin Smith. Not only do I get more speed and a better pass rush I DONT LOSE ANYTHING IN STOPPING THE RUN GAME. Now in reality this move would be like a open invatation to run the ball down his throat.

See the problem with Madden is you never have to pay the price of your decision making. Like putting Randy Moss at TE. If that happened in real life I swear to god he would not get off the line of scrimmage. He would get mauled by the linebackers in the 5 yard bump zone. Now a big TE can take that hit and proceed with his route a wr would probably get knocked on there @ss.

Another thing that you dont have to pay for is calling a pass defense like Dime and the CPU/Player call a run play. In Madden this does not really matter much at all which is insane. This is why the "CHess Game" in Madden is gone. Because you dont have to actually stuff the box to worry about stopping Brandon Jacobs. You can play Nickle or DIme and stop him just as good.

Weight/Physics need some big time improving in order to correct what is going on in this game. I'm tired of seeing Brandon Jacobs go down like a little sissy in Madden. A back like Reggie Bush should not be able to break as many tackles as Jacobs its insane. Juking and being elusive YES but once he's wrapped be goes down, where as Jacobs either breaks the tackle or carries the defender foward while going down.
Have all the major decisions in Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by bison160
umm, 3 man front is still the best run defense most of the time in 09. If they rewrite the blocking logic, then this should be a lot better, but I think we'll be lucky to see any real improvement.

This proves all the points that have been made in this thread so far.
1. ratings mean nothing, other than speed. ex; Putting all those fast db's out on the field allows them to fly to the ball. Normally, you could call an iso, and you'd have about 6 DB's laying on their back as your RB walked into the end zone. Ive even went as far as subbing in backup CB's as DE's, and they absolutely tear up the run game, and oh yah, dont worry about a pass game.

2. no need to run man coverage. ex; Why run man coverage and take the risk of getting burnt 1v1 when you can run a zone, and as soon as the ball is thrown every DB and LB instantly gets a sixth sense and flys to where the ball is thrown, usually warping about 5 yards in the process to get the batted ball.

3. might as well just "show blitz" ever time while in quarters. ex; Hey why not, if its a run, all those fast db's instantly negate the OL power because of thier speed, and collapse on the runner. And if its a pass, thats ok, every DB and LB still can instantly turn around and warp back to thier zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Already have my copy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
I am super excited with the position I'm in to make the game into what we all want it to be. It may take a long time, or it may only take a year...I don't really know. But it's a great spot to be - you all have a direct line to the lead designer and I have hundreds or thousands of hardcore Madden fans that just want one thing - a great f'ing game.

Make it Happen IAN!

Old 01-03-2009, 03:07 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono078
I suggest this;

ttp://au.youtube.com/user/apexisfree

Save some of his videos in a playlist and have them running all day on some big monitor.

Sure to motivate IMO, while pointing out the things wrong.
This guys madden videos are excellent, he does a great job of pointing out many of the faults present in the game. I would highly recommend them.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:20 AM   #19
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Holy Hell Mastershake...

And I think ApexisFree's videos should be added to the Bulletin Board as well, if possible

and theres got to be a good one describing the ridiculousness of that so called "lambeau leap" around here

Edit:^^ Found another from Kmart

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2038831624

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart2180
What they truely need is to hire more people who actually care about the game/NFL. Some of these guys must not have a clue about the NFL to get some of the things wrong. (ART Department). I mean how hard is to to atleast get there jersey/helmet/pants/logo correct?

Also they need people who dont settle for AVERAGE work (lambeau leap animator). Fire these bums and get someone in there who knows what one looks like. Also some of the wr's catch animations are ********.

For Example: when a pass is thrown over your head and you are running towards it 99% of the time the catch is a over the shoulder cradle catch. In madden the wr does this 180 twist turn then catches it facing foward. That NEVER happens EVER. Why would a wr ever turn his body 180 taking his eyes off the ball and making that style catch insyead of just putting out his arms and letting it fall into his hands? Stuff like that goes to show me that whoever is in charge of those things does not watch/know football.

EA needs more football die hards, and maybe a coach or 2. Heck Bring in LB from this forum, he'll teach ya a lession or 2.

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 01-03-2009 at 03:58 AM.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:32 AM   #20
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Mastershake,

I believe you're missing the concept:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Guys - to clarify - I'm looking for posts that already exist. Ideally stuff that has been universally regarded as a really good and critical post.

Maybe think of this as a "Best posts of 2008" thread?
Old 01-03-2009, 10:37 AM   #21

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

not to mention it isn't possible to pin videos on a bulletin board
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2009, 10:47 AM   #22
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Regarding the need for a dynamic and adaptive AI:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule
I've been stressing for years the dynamic AI is a must for this series. It will always be priority number one until it's done. It's the one reason I don't enjoy offline games enough. Same stale old, predictable CPU play. And if you can find the loopholes, the game becomes easy in a way to score on them.

If this could be pulled off, it changes everything with the game. AI cheese should be very difficult to pull off, no game is ever the same, for Human vs. CPU games, it will feel like your playing a Human. That alone will probably make me play Franchise Mode again.
Taken from the **Official Madden 2010 Wishlist Thread**
Old 01-03-2009, 10:48 AM   #23
All Star

OVR: 21

Interesting approach. I only read a few posts here and there in this thread, but I imagine you'd find a lot of people expressing legitimate frustration with Tiburon's performance to date here:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...sm-out-me.html

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 01-03-2009, 10:48 AM   #24
Pro Sports Handicapper

bababooey76's Arena

OVR: 14

Here is one I posted:
-Add some presentation to the game. Start the "EA Sports Network", have your own sideline reporters, broadcasters, studio show since the idea of using an established brand like ESPN as people keep asking for (personally I cannot stand many of the ESPN personalities they currently have doing football with the exceptions of Ditka, Steve Young, and Tom Jackson), The EA Network could be innovative. Make each game special, especially the post season, but regular season games should be unique as well. Talk about injuries, streaks, last meeting between teams, things like that in a pre game type show. Interviews with coaches, players etc

-Fix the AI for the draft and roster moves. It is ridiculous. Also, incorporate position battles during the season. If a QB is struggling, have the coach go with the backup mid season. Do the same at every position.

-Incorporate story lines if it can be done without becoming overly repetitive. The previous suggestion about position battles during the season can be a part of it. Also, coaching rumors, rumblings about possible firings at the end of the season.

-fix the AI for play calling as well. 3rd and inches, and the cpu is leaving me a gap to sneak the ball. Should not happen.

-Team identities. Teams take on coach's persona, they play based on the coach's ratings, which should be in depth like the player ratings. Makes the games different each week.

-In game ticker from around the league so you can watch the scoreboard late season to see if you need to play your starters or not when vying for position in playoffs. It should be in the game, because it's in the game! Have the EA Ticker with EA Game Breaks. It can all be EA, just be creative and do it.

-Bring back changing control of a team mid franchise as well as being able to rebuild a stadium without relocating.

-A minor thing about presentation: After a game is played, on the scoreboard with the score, put the records of the team there as well.

-Late hit personal fouls, out of bounds, whether they are random or player activated. Also, more roughing calls on QB's and kickers.

-CPU Sliders. Myskill is ok, but there should be CPU sliders, it is a no brainer.

-Chain gangs, carts for serious player injuries only, they can walk off on the minor ones. The cart lets you know that you just lost a player for a few games, if not the season.

-In depth scouting feature each week. Let you scout your opponents. You should be able to know teams tendencies, plays they like to call, go to guys, who's hot who's not. They should do the same for you. If you are a run team, they should focus on taking that away from you.

-Include playoff scenarios, so you know who will be in if teams tie in record and things like that. The franchise mode should be a story so to speak, and should progress each season. Commentary and such should reflect that.

-Look at NCAA 09 and what it did as far as presentation and atmosphere. That is a huge step in the right direction.

Last edited by bababooey76; 12-29-2008 at 06:21 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »