Home

Playoff Atomosphere (Electric!!)

This is a discussion on Playoff Atomosphere (Electric!!) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2009, 02:27 PM   #33
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Playoff Atomosphere (Electric!!)

Thanks Ian for taking notes. Playoff atmosphere and atmosphere overall needs so much improvement. Hopefully it gets upgraded in a major way for this next version.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:46 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
Thanks Ian for taking notes. Playoff atmosphere and atmosphere overall needs so much improvement. Hopefully it gets upgraded in a major way for this next version.
Totally agree. Hopefully EA will add the "NFL Playoffs" field art logos next year too! IMO attention to little details go a very long way. I want to feel rewarded for making the playoffs. irl everything is amped up in the playoffs from, players, crowd, announcers, and field art.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:57 PM   #35
Pro Sports Handicapper

bababooey76's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Agreed. I'm watching all of them with my laptop right next to me taking notes. 'Electric' is a great word to describe it.

Any early predictions on this Colts / Chargers game? Looking quite evenly matched so far. I'm gonna have to say I believe a certain fellow UT Volunteer (who happens to play QB) will pull it out tonight.

I hope that you really are taking notes, Ian. I believe you are, and I believe you are doing your best to improve on Madden. I have finally quit playing Madden 09 because it just bored me. I have played Madden since its inception, and since switching to next gen console, have been bored and disappointed.

I am cautiously optimistic that 2010 will be a big leap from 2009 in many ways. The wish list is full of great ideas and suggestions. I hope that it can be pulled off. If not, this will be the first Madden I opt not to purchase. I am trading in 2009.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2009, 08:24 PM   #36
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.gamernut20
Totally agree. Hopefully EA will add the "NFL Playoffs" field art logos next year too! IMO attention to little details go a very long way. I want to feel rewarded for making the playoffs. irl everything is amped up in the playoffs from, players, crowd, announcers, and field art.

i emailed Mike Young....the Madden Artist guy that recently joined here.....about that very issue....he responded with "great idea"

i suggest you & everyone who posted in this thread (you too Ian!) nmake sure he knows about this

git .
er.
dun.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:47 PM   #37
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
i emailed Mike Young....the Madden Artist guy that recently joined here.....about that very issue....he responded with "great idea"

i suggest you & everyone who posted in this thread (you too Ian!) nmake sure he knows about this

git .
er.
dun.

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 01-05-2009, 03:17 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 31

i like to feel the difference in being in the postseason. However EA can get it to intensify the experience that would be great.

My suggestion would be long intros, with a recap of season performance.....then crank up the stadium volume and what not during game time.

That would add a lot to the experience of actually making it to the playoffs.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:38 AM   #39
MVP

Stroehms's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Locke
i like to feel the difference in being in the postseason. However EA can get it to intensify the experience that would be great.

My suggestion would be long intros, with a recap of season performance.....then crank up the stadium volume and what not during game time.

I agree.

Go intro style, ala' NHL, from a players perspective of running onto the field.

Special lines for the commentators just for the Playoffs/Super Bowl.

Playoff logos. Regular Season stats flashing. Previous matchups stats.

Home/Road records. Etc.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:18 PM   #40
Rookie

representative's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Locke

Yes. agree 100%. biggest reason why i sim games all the time. no difference in a preseason game and the superbowl. if the major improvement to 10 is presentation and attention to detail, i would take it. meaning home field advantage, team-specific crowd chants, field art, etc...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »