Home

Is it really that crazy?

This is a discussion on Is it really that crazy? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2009, 01:41 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 16
Is it really that crazy?

Am i just dreaming to think that madden could simply go to a two disk set? I ask because we constantly get the we have to work within the allowed disk space excuse.

It would be simple have a disk called Madden 2010 Franchise- Where ofcourse all of your franchise needs would be delt with

The second disk would be siomething like Madden 2010 All Out- Where you could play single player, online, minigames, historic challenges.

There are two options in selling this. A $70 two disk set or $34.99 for each game. I doubt the money hungry licence owners would go fro the 2 games thing altho they would if they were both $59.99.

To me this solves so many problems and gives a gamer a choice of what they are buying. I really dont think thyey would lose out on a ton of money because a majority of pople play both online and franchise so they would be making money.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2009, 01:54 PM   #2
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Is it really that crazy?

Games used to have multiple disks back in the day so there should be no reason not to have them now. In regards to the disk space, there should be no excuses on the PS3 side using the space available on the Blu Ray disk.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:56 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick02
I ask because we constantly get the we have to work within the allowed disk space excuse.
Hmm...can you give examples of people 'constantly' giving that excuse? I've never said disc space is a limiting issue...and it really isn't (especially on PS3).
Old 01-04-2009, 01:59 PM   #4
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

Isnt that what they basically did with the Head Coach series?...EA can barely put together one desent game.Just let them pay full attention to the Madden series and getting that game together.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:03 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 16

To reply to Ian..my apoligies for not being more clear. I have heard it here a few times not by you that i can find but its there and i will find it if need be. I was initially goal was to talk about sports games in genral and how they can make the most of disk space by using more then one disk if needed but since this is the madden forum i went to that as an example altho not clearly obv. As for the ps3 i dont have one so i would have no idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2009, 02:06 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick02
To reply to Ian..my apoligies for not being more clear. I have heard it here a few times not by you that i can find but its there and i will find it if need be. I was initially goal was to talk about sports games in genral and how they can make the most of disk space by using more then one disk if needed but since this is the madden forum i went to that as an example altho not clearly obv. As for the ps3 i dont have one so i would have no idea.

I've seen Ian state specifically that disk space is NOT an issue at this point...so why put out a 2 disk set when they aren't even using a full single disk now??
Old 01-04-2009, 03:21 PM   #7
EA Game Changer

OVR: 14

If I recall correctly, it's not disc space thats the issue. It's console spec limitations.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:24 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Ian has stated many times before that it's the lack of RAM on the consoles, not the lack of disk space.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »