Home

I am finished with Madden 09 I think

This is a discussion on I am finished with Madden 09 I think within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2009, 10:14 PM   #9
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: I am finished with Madden 09 I think

Problem is, EA is going to lose us older gamers as I am close to succumbing to "Danny Glover Lethal Weapon Syndrome"... I have already decided not to early adopt on the next consoles due to how bad Madden has been the first 3 years of 360...
Old 01-04-2009, 10:16 PM   #10
Pro Sports Handicapper

bababooey76's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
Problem is, EA is going to lose us older gamers as I am close to succumbing to "Danny Glover Lethal Weapon Syndrome"... I have already decided not to early adopt on the next consoles due to how bad Madden has been the first 3 years of 360...

I know. I think the game is being geared more towards the kids and not football purists. What got me was when I see numerous posts on here from people saying they only get Madden for online play and never touch franchise.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:56 PM   #11
All Star

OVR: 33

I"m 17 and i like to think i'm a football gamer. I like sim gaming and hate the cheese and glitches. I use to play online, but those guys in the lobbies are jerks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2009, 11:04 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm 33 and while Madden 09 is the best they have made (in my opinion) on the next gen consoles, it still lacks depth, excitement, and longevity. Many people are playing Madden 09 on their PS2s and original xbox to get their football fix. Some have turned back to ESPN 2K5. Regardless, it is very telling about how unfulfilling this game has truly been. Madden 09 is like dating the prettiest girl in the school who is just all looks and no substance.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:14 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
I'm 41 and also been playing since the Genesis days. I got bored two weeks after I bought it. Still playing PS2 version, though. Sad.
LOL @ 2 weeks...I lasted a little bit longer but its nice to know my generation and the older Madden players are feeling the same...At this rate by the time a decent game lives up to expectations I'll have arthritis in the fingers and won't be able to play the game...Life is so cruel
Old 01-05-2009, 12:20 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
Yeah, I can really identify with the age thing... The only reason I have a 360 is for Nfl Football gaming. Considering that I already play very few games, if I can't enjoy Madden then there is really no reason to own a system... fueling the "Danny Glover Lethal Weapon Syndrome"...
Exactly...Trust me when I say..I bought my 360 exclusively for Madden...Nothing else...My whole gaming existance is about playing Madden and to be honest my lack of interest and disappointment in how the next gen game has been progressing has really put a damper on gaming in general.

I find myself now becoming more of a NBA fan than a NFL fan because the NBA videogames are just better representations of the sport than what EA is doing with MADDEN. Again the saddest part is Madden 09 is the best one yet and I can't get excited about it or look forward to playing it.

I remember back in the day I'd be at work feenin for the game...Thinking of plays and schemes and all sorts of different things I was gonna try when I got home...Now I'll go weeks or even month's w/o Madden...hell if it weren't for the NFL playoffs I wouldn't have even popped my disc in this weekend.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:27 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyg21
I'm 33 and while Madden 09 is the best they have made (in my opinion) on the next gen consoles, it still lacks depth, excitement, and longevity. Many people are playing Madden 09 on their PS2s and original xbox to get their football fix. Some have turned back to ESPN 2K5. Regardless, it is very telling about how unfulfilling this game has truly been. Madden 09 is like dating the prettiest girl in the school who is just all looks and no substance.
Unfortunatley that is true
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2009, 12:41 AM   #16
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

I for the first time have taken my Madden back already..it is just way boring and I found myself getting into 2k8 and finding my football fix there for obvious reasons.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »